As a Director, Marketing Finance you will be tasked with supporting one of more of the marketing categories listed above.
What you’ll do for us
- Steward Direct Marketing Investments (Global – for one or more of the 5 marketing categories), influencing business discussions and decisions at the Global Marketing Leadership level, Center Finance Leadership level, and Operating Unit (OU) Leadership level, with the goal of optimizing resource allocation across a variety of investment programs/options across markets, aligned with the enterprise growth agenda
- Establish foundational global KPIs for DMI that align with business goals across multiple dimensions including global initiatives/program or priority identification, by collaborating across stakeholders and leveraging partners, enabling relevant benchmarking for decision-making
- Responsible for Global Category or Brand P&Ls supporting Global Marketing
- Member of the leadership team of the Marketing Finance GPO.
- DMI (Marketing DFR + DME) for the Category/Brand (total enterprise pool at about $4B annually split across Categories/Category Clusters)
- Individual Contributor role responsible for horizontal and tactical connections across process owners and key business stakeholders
- Role focus is short-term to mid-term
Qualifications and Requirements
- 10-15 years of related work experience in business/financial management involving influencing, communicating effectively, and managing against business needs and collaborating with senior leaders across different international markets and partners, the Center, and Platform Services.
- Strong demonstration of business acumen, financial competency, language fluency, global mindset, effective communication, change adaptability, flexibility, being able to operate in ambiguous situations, business partnership and collaboration, and innovation.
- Relevant involvement in significant business projects and/or programs.
- Virtual management across cultures and time zones.
- Experience in a multinational company with a global footprint.
- Ability to draw insights from a combination of business, financial, and market information and synthesize points for communication and action by strategic and operational leaders to drive the business agenda
- Ability to drive a balanced approach as well as understand/articulate tradeoffs to achieving business targets in an optimized way (i.e., volume, profit, timing, speed, risk, short-term vs. long-term metrics)
- Ability to consider multi-dimensional aspects to a business problem and recommend pragmatic solutions to the organization --- demonstrates strength in solving complex problems, ability to drive actions from multi-variable analyses and insights, good judgment, and decision-making competencies
- Exhibits leadership and growth behaviors and promotes an environment conducive to creative thinking, innovation, and rational risk-taking
- Communicates primarily with internal leaders, but also with external parties (i.e., partners/vendors/bottlers) where needed
- The job requires as stated above an “Ability to drive a balanced approach as well as understand/articulate tradeoffs to achieving business targets in an optimized way (i.e., volume, profit, timing, speed, risk, short-term vs. long-term metrics)”. The stakeholders served by the Marketing Finance tower involves connected but different roles that will encompass parties who have both shared and opposing interests as business initiatives are operationalized. For example, global metrics vs. local targets, economic assumptions, bottler/partner interests vs. TCCC’s interest, as well as prioritization of programs across categories (i.e., Coke investment vs. Sports investment)
- Financial acumen including global currencies, management accounting, financial modeling, value chain and system economics, marketing principles, risk management, global standards (business data, financial accounts and policies, marketing metrics, etc.)
What we can do for you
- Iconic & Innovative Brands: Our portfolio represents over 250 products with some of the most popular brands in the world, including Coca-Cola, Simply, Fairlife & Topo Chico.
- This role will allow for more global understanding of the business and the various markets around the world as it will require sharing knowledge across the Marketing and Finance groups.