SUMMARY OF JOB:
Reports to the Vice President, Business Strategy
The Director, Marketing & Content Strategy position is responsible for leading the development of new marketing & partnership platforms for prospective sponsorship partners & consulting clients.
Through a progressive knowledge of brand business objectives, this individual will be responsible for uncovering and defining a prospect's business goals, developing innovative assets to meet the brand's needs, and creating a compelling sales pitch that clearly demonstrates the value of engaging in a partnership. Working alongside the company's sales team to provide brand strategy, content development & digital activation expertise, qualified candidates will be extremely well-versed in the digital space, have experience developing engaging marketing content, and possess a keen understanding of the types of activations modern brands need to recognize a return and to justify a sports partnership.
In addition, this individual will be relied upon to provide strategic support and guidance in brand/digital strategy to other internal departments at the company as well as to external consulting clients. This will include, but not be limited to working with consulting clients (brands), creating content led partnership opportunities & helping to set marketing plans for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop creative online & offline marketing programs for prospective clients
Maintain a thorough understanding of the digital sponsorship marketplace, brand strategies and activation concepts in an effort to build compelling platforms for prospective clients across the company?s portfolio
Create opportunities for prospective clients by staying current with new digital media channels, software, and best practices
Develop and help execute marketing plans designed to drive ticket sales & sponsorship value for the company owned & operated events
Develop innovations that leverage emerging technologies to engage audiences in new ways and offer advertisers first-to-market platforms in today's dynamic digital environment
Work with research & insights team to develop data to help brands determine the value and ROI related to online & offline marketing campaigns
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree (degree in business, marketing or related field preferred)
* 5-7 years of experience with brand strategy, digital strategy and/or sponsorship sales in a team, brand, agency or corporate setting.
* Experience working with or managing outside agencies in the content development space a plus.
* Passion for sports marketing, media, promotion, and sponsorship sales.
* Innovative and well-organized with a strong work ethic and a desire/willingness to learn.
* Aggressive, self-motivated team player that has the ability to focus on individual and team goals.
* Strong project management skills.
* Must be able to travel locally, work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.