Director Marketing - Communications
Director of Marketing/Communications
If you’re a Marketing Communications professional who has managed or directed a creative team of designers and you are skilled in digitalmarketing strategies, this job position in Elkhart, Indiana, may be of interest to you.
Top Reason to Work with Us?
- Company was established in 1875 and through the manufacturing of valued products and acquisitions, it continues to grow as a key provider in its niche
- Multiples sites within the U.S. and publicly traded
- Strong supporter within the community
What is in it for you?
- Opportunity to lead an effective and creative marketing communications team using the latest in technologies
- Responsibility for planning, development and implementation of all of the marketing team’s strategies related to communications and public relations, both external and internal
- Work with and direct the efforts of Category Managers, Product Managers, Design team, Artist Relations, Tradeshow Manager, and content management and coordinates the strategic and tactical levels with the other departments within the organization
- Work withVP Marketing in developing a world classmarketingorganization focused on:
- Integrated Marketing Strategy, Planning and Activities. Market Assessment, Competitive Positioning, Product & Marketing Plans, New Product Development, Integrated Marketing and Product Release Calendar
- Defining and managing the strategy for defined brands, brand development, brand leverage and extension and portfolio management.
- Understanding and managing customer needs, leveraging consumer insights and segmentation, customer/partner understanding, experience management from products; web, social media, tradeshows to factory tours and VIP visits
- Executing the plan with a strong focus on sales support, training, product launch kits, design of promotions of premium priced products
- Managing the Marketing Function with a focus on measuring the performance of activities against achieved sales results
What will you be doing?
- Work with Content Manager and Design team to establish a comprehensive marketing and communications program that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace and with consumers, as well as facilitate internal and external communications. Ensure articulation of company’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position for all internal and external customers
- Work with VP Marketing and marketing team to develop and maintain a strategic perspective, based on marketplace and customer needs and satisfaction with regard to product marketing and communication direction.
- Provide direction and approval for brand guidelines, editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of company’s marketing materials, publications, and communications
- Coordinate the appearance of company’s print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc. in order to create a corporate identity across all brands
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist Category Managers in the marketing, communications, and positioning of their products
- Ensure that marketing regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity as well as monitor trends.
- Responsible for achievement of product marketing, communications goals, PR missions and financial objectives
- Recommend short- and long-term goals, objectives, and financialbudgets to VP Marketing for Category Managers, Content Manager and Design team areas of responsibility
- Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from Sales Managers, Category Managers, Product Managers and other vital internal customers regarding the quality of the marketing programs as well as success/failure of programs.
- Ensure effective management within marketing and communications function with provision for success
- Design, support, and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the organization to assist in product marketing and communication programs success.
- Design, implement and maintain a marketing calendar for all activities, deadlines, press and product releases of the entire marketing team, including sales promos, special campaigns, artist events, tradeshows and international conferences and conventions
- Effectively manage staff through coaching, communication, modeling behavior, providing direction and resources, removing barriers, anticipating conflicts and facilitating resolution, respecting and using the skills, expertise, and experience of the team
What do you need for this position?
- BS degree in Marketing; MBA or Graduate degree in a related field is preferred
- A minimum of 7years demonstrated success, skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations within a consumer products environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations, and negotiating with the media
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Experience developing, supervising, and appraising personnel
- Strong skill set in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Commitment to working withshared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and ensure completion on schedule
- Prior experience playing an instrument in high school, college, etc. is a plus
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Requires ability to travel domestically and internationally as required