Responsible for development and implementation of the marketing, engagement and communication strategies for the health plan. Primary accountability includes member acquisition and retention. Leads marketing and engagement strategy for prospective and current members, including identification of emerging trends and population-specific programmatic and community needs, design/implementation of social marketing campaigns and other efforts to address such needs. Sets public relations and community relations/development strategies to benefit stakeholders served by the plan. Ensures consistent, collaborative, multi-audience outreach through proactive and reactive public relations and communications tactics, including media relations, advertising, community events, collateral development, and online media. Develops and maintains mechanisms to garner customer, stakeholder and community feedback to identify key issues and inform/refine overall outreach strategy. Institutes and maintains timely, ongoing two-way communications with the Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS), the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) and other government entities. Senior liaison to stakeholders, government officials/entities and community leaders and as a conduit of information from the community to Magellan.
- Develop and execute marketing and engagement strategy targeting member acquisition and retention. This will include direct–to-consumer marketing tactics that comply with Medicaid/Medicare regulatory requirements.
- Partners with community outreach team to ensure appropriate, consistent use of materials and messaging with current and prospective customers.
- Responsible for building brand awareness of Magellan Complete Care in the Virginia market.
- Develop and execute public relations/communications and community relations strategies and tactics targeted to key stakeholders.
- Identify emerging trends and population-specific programmatic and community needs via collaboration with city/regional task forces, advocacy organizations, community leaders, and others; design and implement social marketing campaigns.
- Interface with government officials/entities on stakeholder matters; planning/implementation of regular briefings/meetings.
- Serve as conduit of information/issues from community to Magellan.
- Establishes and implements strategic marketing communications plans related to market- or product-specific initiatives.
- Develops and refines marketing collateral materials for special audiences or projects that are consistent with the company`s overall business strategy, marketing strategy and desired corporate brand/image.
- Supports health plan-wide communication strategies by establishing and distributing messages to prospects that are consistent with messages going to other internal and/or external audiences. Ensures clarity, accuracy, timeliness and consistency of those messages with the company brand, vision, mission and values.
- Develops and oversees materials directed to prospects, both printed and digital.
- Partners with the corporate marketing team to manage all external advertising agency work and/or any freelance graphic designers, writers or media buying services and ensure compliance within established budgets.
- Leads MCC of VA Marketing & Communications team.
- Establishes and monitors work within a departmental budget.
- Creatively translates corporate positioning statements into language that can guide the development of advertising and direct marketing campaigns that generate sales leads.
- Manages different creative talent inside and outside of the organization and pitches creative ideas to internal sales and marketing staffs.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
Director, Marketing, Communications & Community Engagement
United States of America
United States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date
Date Requisition Created
Bachelors: Marketing (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Marketing, communications and community engagement experience in a health care environment required for this role. Expert in marketing theories and practices for the online medium. Adept at strategic thinking and planning, is attentive to detail, motivated, analytical and flexible; superior writing, editing and proofreading skills.Experience in marketing, communications, or advertising. Experience developing and implementing strategic marketing communications plans and new product launches, in product positioning and marketing and in establishing and maintaining successful relationships with stakeholders. Experience establishing and maintaining vendor relationships. Experience executing communication strategies built into customer contracts. Successful candidates will understand the health care, public health and/or behavioral health care product launches, positioning, targeting and strategic marketing. Web-based communication skills are required. CMS experience a plus.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled