Position Purpose: Direct and oversee marketing and communication programs that effectively describe and promote the organization
- Develop local marketing and communications plan and membership goals in conjunction with the strategic vision, messages and objectives
- Oversee the writing, design and production of press releases, member and provider promotional items and website content while maintaining Corporate brand and style guidelines
- Serve as media contact and spokesperson on health plan specific issues
- Establish contacts and manage professional relationships with local media, vendors, agencies and community based organizations
- Collaborate with various internal cross-functional departments and Government Affairs on marketing initiatives and daily outreach activities
- Monitor competitive landscape and media hits on subjects relevant to marketing programs and respond appropriately
- Advise Senior Management and internal staff on communication strategies
- Serve as liaison between Corporate Marketing & Communications and health plan adhering to company standards and the review and approval process
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field, or equivalent experience. 7+ years of marketing, communications, community development, or branding experience, preferably in managed care, insurance, or healthcare environment. Strong writing skills and experience using publishing software. Experience with public speaking. Experience working with community based organizations and the media preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Current state's driver’s license
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.