The Director, Marketing Communications and Events leads both marketing communications and congresses and events for the Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices (IGTD) business. This critical role leads the development and implementation of integrated internal and external communication strategy and plans. This position is specifically responsible for translating objectives into aligned communications plans, serving as a strategic partner to marketing leadership, leading a team of managers and individual contributors and administering the marcom and events budget.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Provides strategic leadership and partnership – Serves as the marcom partner to the business unit leaders supporting achievement of business objectives through marketing communication strategies and tactics.
- Translates marketing objectives into integrated marketing communication campaigns –Leads the cross-functional creation of integrated communication campaigns based on critical business needs and aligning strategies, tactics and execution. Plans based deep understanding of customer needs, product positioning and organization’s strategic goals. Leads team of marcom, digital, internal communication, PR, creative and events teammates. Employs analytics to measure success and refine plans.
- Effectively employs internal and external channels: Responsible and accountable for ensuring messages effectively reach target audiences including, but not limited to the following internal channels: email, leadership meetings, internal social media community, internal electronic news boards, business level email accounts, in-person meetings (e.g., town halls, national sales meetings, leadership visits) as well as the following external channels: PR, print, media, web, digital, social media. Employs analytics to measure effectiveness and reach.
- Strategically aligns strategy and tactics at the IGTD and IGT level: Works closely with IGTD leadership, marketing, marcom and conventions/events at both the IGTD and IGT level ensuring alignment and execution throughout the organization. Participates on key leadership teams, councils and taskforces, as needed.
- Partners with global marketing and communication partners – Partners with global partners ensuring not only global messaging alignment, but also local customization to meet geography specific needs. Also works closely with Image Guided Therapy Systems Marketing Communications director in ensuring alignment of business group messaging. Maintains positive working relationships.
- Serves as communication representative in acquisition integration team – Serves as leader in developing integration plans for acquisitions and strategic partnerships. Works closely with corporate and/or business group assigned integration partner for communications.
- Ensures alignment with Philips brand standards and key messaging – Ensures IGTD marketing communication tactics are in line with and support the Philips corporate brand standards. Serves as liaison to the Corporate Communications team (Brand, Communications and Digital).
- Leads and build team – Lead and develops team of approximately 15 teammates including managers who are leading individual contributors. Crafts individual development plans for direct reports and supports the creation of individual development plans for the next level of individuals in the team. Manages external vendors and related contracts.
- Develops and facilitates the IGTD marcom budgets – Leads the creation and management of the IGTD marketing communications budget and is responsible for the congress and events budget.
- Lives the IGTD Values – Brings to life every single day the IGTD specific Philips cultural values including Eager to Win (Bring enthusiasm and aim to everything we do; With excellent focus pursue quality, Take Ownership (We are they; we are the solution; Celebrate the wins, be responsible for the misses), Team up to Excel (Anticipate each other’s needs, Harness the power of us) and Always Act with Integrity (Right things, right now; Quality is our way of life).
YOU ARE A PART OF
- Reports to the Vice President of Strategy and Marketing in the Image Guided Therapy Devices business within Philips Healthcare. This position will also be a member of the IGT Marketing Council and partner closely with the Director of Marketing Communications in the Image Guided Therapy Systems business.
- Supports a business of 2,000+ employees at three main sites (San Diego, Colorado Springs, Maple Grove) plus manufacturing sites, as needed.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing communications, internal communications and PR
- Bachelor’s degree in communications-related field (Master’s preferred)
- Understanding of business strategy and critical role of communications in executing strategy
- Ability to provide art and creative direction to internal and external design teams
- Strong writing and communication skills, including copywritingexperience
- Ability to lead and develop integrated marketing communication campaigns including, but not limited to print, media (video, animation), web, digital and PR
- Collaborative, inclusive spirit
- Ability to interact effectively with both executives and all levels within the organization
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment balancing needs of multiple partners (experience in large corporation preferred)
- International experience; cultural sensitivity
This role can be based in San Diego, CA, Colorado Springs, CO or Maple Grove, MN
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.