This position is responsible for leading and managing the strategic development and implementation of all customer centric marketing and communication strategies to support consistent business growth. This position develops and drives innovative multimedia campaigns and initiatives by leveraging customer data and blending online/offline channels to effectively acquire and retain target customer segments.
- Translates business, brand and customer needs into marketing strategies that drive business objectives:
- Creates, optimizes and evolves strategies to retain and grow customers
- Consistently makes decisions through the lens of the customer
- Serves as the customer filter for marketing communications to ensure in store and out of store alignment and effectiveness
- Builds collaborative working relationships with cross functional teams to facilitate the marketing strategies.
- Partners with the merchandising functions to develop marketing initiatives that assist in achieving business plan:
- Provides input on annual and seasonal merchandise strategies; assess strategies and articulate the consumer benefits they provide
- Partners with marketing & merchant disciplines on key sales and brand priorities to ensure cross departmental coordination to develop, implement and monitor new campaigns
- Works closely with the brand financial partners to ensure spend is within monthly and annual budget.
- Ensures top and bottom line growth of acquisition and retention programs to achieve sales, ROI and total contribution goals.
- Supports new marketing campaigns and programs that reinforce our value proposition across the customer lifecycle to reduce customer churn, increase loyalty and improve the customer experience.
- Collaborates with marketing leadership and cross-function teams, develop a marketing plan to continually optimize and enhance our promotional programs.
- Owns and manages planning of annual and seasonal marketing calendar, including re-allocating tactics and strategies based on shifts in business or customer needs.
- Directs the marketing planning process:
- Incorporates business needs, larger brand goals, leverages customer data, manages marketing effectiveness and manages budget parameters, translating them into annual and seasonal briefs for creative and marketing
- Reviews and provides input on all creative elements to ensure clear customer messaging, and on target to brief
- Manages budget and investments across store marketing.
- Drives testing, reporting, optimization and analysis on marketing initiative performance to identify key levers and opportunities for improvements to achieve maximum ROI.
- Leads the brand marketing team in the boutique strategy influenced and guided by the overall marketing and merchandising strategies.
- Leads Loyalty team in the optimization and retention for the brand loyalty program ensuring financial objectives are achieved.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a related field required
- 8+ years prior marketing/ merchandising experience with a specialty retailer
- High degree of understanding of both the creative and production processes to ensure creative intent
- Ability to think strategically and contribute to the development of strategy
- Detail oriented and flexible; able to juggle more than one project at a time
- Proven track record on building cooperative, productive relationships with internal business partners, Executive Leadership Team and external vendors
- A deep understanding of the customer mindset and needs to lead seamless integrated marketing programs to drive user acquisition and engagement on all platforms
- Excellent managerial, organization and leadership skills
- Occasional travel to photo shoots, review product, store visits, etc.