Are you a “strategic” leader who is passionate about people and the security and comfort (Special Risk) Insurance can provide and looking to utilize your well versed, diverse skills and education in a new way? We are looking for a Director, Marketing and Voluntary Products to join our close-knit Special Markets (SM) Division here at iA. You will lead the Vancouver based HQ Marketing, Contracts/Underwriting and Affinity Markets operations and will play a key role in the strategic success and continued growth of the SM Division.
What will I Be Doing?
- Develop/enhance, implement and market a comprehensive, attractive voluntary benefits offering for iA Special Markets clients/groups/partnerships
- Accountable for the life cycle of voluntary products, from generation of ideas (in collaboration with Sales/Marketing) to market research and finally, proposals and implementation (clients/partners). Identify cross sell opportunities (internal/external)
- Implement a digital roadmap for all voluntary marketing efforts. Work with internal and external resources to insure a seamless digital buying experience
- Ensure that the objectives of market research, product development/improvements, marketing activities and new business implementation are coordinated with the division’s overall vision, strategic objectives and budgets.
- Consult and dialogue with clients, brokers, partners, employees, internal and external suppliers and industry committees and be the resource for everything related to voluntary benefits ( ie Life, Critical Illness, AD&D, etc.) for the division.
- Provide strategic leadership/guidance/vision to direct reports (3). Participate with VP and other Directors in setting ongoing goals and objectives for division.
What are we Looking For?
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the Special Risk or Group Insurance industry
- Degree (Masters or Bachelors) in marketing, administration, actuarial or a combination of post secondary education and experience deemed equivalent
- At least 7 years of insurance experience, including 5 years in direct people leadership. Sales experience is a definite asset
- Digital first mindset
- Leadership, teamwork, positive attitude, creativity and ‘strategic’ thinking is a must
- Ability to solve complex problems, independent decision making and to see solutions that are not obvious or not been considered before (ability to think outside the box)
- Excellent analytical skills