Manage the Center customer flow (referral), admissions process including community sales, referral management, and admission sign-in, through post-admission utilizing the Genesis Core Operating System (PCC).
Meet census goals by working with the center's interdisciplinary team andGenesis HealthCare Area entities to coordinate customer flow into and through the nursing center.
Guide the center sales program which ensures: strong customer, referrer, andpayor satisfaction; appropriate market penetration; positive public image; maximization of center QMix and Average Daily Census (ADC) goals.
Reports through a dotted line relationship to the Regional Manager/Director, Sales and Marketing to accomplish targeted QMix and Average Daily Census (ADC) goals. The reporting relationship includes but is not limited to:
o Clarification of admission roles and responsibilities;
o Advice and direction relating to center admission performance improvement;
o Direction on participation in "Team Sales";
o Development of sales, service and relationship management expertise;
o Guidance through monthly meetings to achieve business and personal professional goals;
o Identification of opportunities for improvement to address admission barriers and create improvement plans.
1. Assess inquiries when necessary and respond to referrers based onprotocol, communicate admission decision and ensure positive admission experience for customer and family.
2. Ensure an immediate response to CareLine, phone, fax, and walk-in inquiries and referrals and notifies Center Executive Director, RDSM and CareLine Director of barriers.
3. Coordinate tour and sales process with customers, families and referrers, either personally or through Admissions Designee.
4. Conduct follow-up on all inquiries which have not yet been converted toadmissions.
5. Spends significant or majority of time on external marketing campaigns, sales, and client interactions to market Genesis Services.
6. Directs the day to day activities of subordinate Marketing/Admissions personnel to ensure that all Center admissions are correctly documented and processed.
7. Identify, train, and schedule the Center A Team.
8. Ensure proper completion, signing and distribution of paperwork inaccordance with Admission Sign-In policy and procedure.
9. Meet with family and customers upon admission and ensure appropriate preparation of room and introduction to nursing staff on unit.
10. Ensure comprehensive and accurate gathering and documentation ofcustomer data in PCC which will enhance appropriate placement andcoordination within a Genesis HealthCare Center.
11. Maintain thorough knowledge of medical, social and financial information relating to Elder Care.
12. Work with Center Executive Director/Regional Director of Sales andMarketing and appropriate staff to ensure consistent, effective admissions, discharge and transfer meetings.
13. Review performance statistics including customer flow, pending and lost inquiries, denials, hospital discharges and sales activity.
14. Facilitate sales opportunities for referring hospitals by identifying, initiating, nurturing and maintaining contact with physicians, social workers, discharge planners as it relates to individual center as well as center cluster; work withCenter Executive Director and Regional Marketing to follow up, as needed.
15. Stay abreast of services available within the center and throughout GenesisHealth Care in order to serve as liaison with the center to hospital discharge planners, utilization review nurses, physicians, and other professionals to assist in efficient use of center and alternate care setting within Genesis HealthCare.
16. Provide information to referral sources of customer's progress asappropriate within HIPPA guidelines.
17. Develop and implement long-range and short-term sales plans.
18. Coordinate and participate in presentations about the center or other appropriate healthcare topics to hospitals, physicians, and other potential referral sources.
19. Work with Center Executive Director to ensure customer satisfaction andto assess/respond to customer satisfaction surveys.
20. Concern his/herself with the safety of all center customers in order tominimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensure that the center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the center's fire, safety and disaster plans andby being familiar with current MSDS.
21. Put Customer Service First: Ensure that customers and families receive thehighest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
22. Perform other duties as requested.
QualificationsSPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Minimum of three (3) years' experience in a healthcare setting. 2. Minimum of two (2) yearscollege education in the field of health care administration, business management, and/or marketing or public relations preferred. 3. Ability to adjust work schedule based on centers' business need, specifically incoming admissions. 4. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as requiredby state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required. 5. This position requires that theemployee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors atthe work site when responding to their medical and physical needs