Analytics and data science are core to our decision-making processes, from automated credit underwriting and servicing to creating new products for our consumers and running effective model-driven marketing campaigns. We seek to revolutionize the credit system by building higher quality alternatives to incumbent systems and methods.
We are looking for a Marketing Analytics leader to work directly with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) organization to drive marketing campaigns with analytical rigor. This is a highly visible role that is the core of enabling marketing innovation and technology. In this role, you will champion Affirm's next stages of growth. You will lead and scale a high performing team of analysts, leads and managers. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
Some of the key marketing challenges we are currently focused on include Model-driven marketing, Co-marketing with merchant partners, Direct-to-Consumer Marketing, Brand and Social Marketing, while setting up a Data backbone to support our long-term marketing vision.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive marketing program with analytical rigor in close strategic partnership with the Marketing organization
- Lead and scale a team of high performing analysts, leads and managers. Develop the team through technical and strategic skillset
- Partner with the Data and Martech Platform teams to guide marketing technology investments and data infrastructure initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with various teams - Marketing, Commercial, Product, Risk, Engineering, Legal, Compliance etc.
- Drive acquisition and engagement of Consumers and Merchants in a two-sided platform
- Partner with Marketing team leads to drive Consumer Growth, Merchant Growth, Performance Marketing, Web/SEO, Social, Merchant Co-marketing programs
- Oversee the design, execution, and analysis of A/B and multivariate tests to enable data-driven decision making
- Build measurement frameworks to determine the return on marketing investments
- Develop expertise and build marketing dataset and work on data governance
- Build segmentation and target audience for various campaigns.
- Develop next generation mathematical models in close partnership with Data Science
- Develop dashboards for consumption by executive teams and cross-functional leaders
- Carry out data deep dives and analysis to gather insights and present to marketing and executive teams
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Passion and drive to disrupt both the retail and lending industry for the better through honest financial products
- 8-10+ years of experience in an analytically rigorous role, and preferably 5+ years of marketing analytics experience with a strong foundation in statistics, behavioral psychology, and/or experimentation
- Strong understanding of the full range of online marketing channels, how they work, how they can be integrated, and how to evaluate them
- Ability to derive strong insight and provide decision support for various channels- SEM, SEO, Email, Display, Push Notifications, Affiliates, App
- Data storyteller – a structured approach for communicating data insights, that involves a combination of data, visuals, and narrative
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally in team environments
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous workenvironment
- Masters degree in statistics, management, engineering, operations research desired
- Proficiency with SQL, reporting tools (Looker) a plus
- Experience with Python, or other statistical scripting languages a plus
- Humility and team player - you go out of your way to help teammates