Cvent Consulting – Director of Market Strategy & Insights
Cvent’s Consulting team works with key customers to modernize and optimize event marketing and management processes and systems. We collaborate with leaders and key stakeholders from Marketing, Meetings & Events, IT, and Procurement to support strategy, planning, technology evaluation, integrations, and analytics. We are currently looking for a Director of Market Strategy & Insights to support our ongoing growth.
About the Team
Cvent Consulting delivers a variety of projects to help customers modernize and optimize event marketing and management processes. We collaborate with clients through assessments, workshops, pilot programs as well as large-scale platform implementations. Project teams include Consultants with functional expertise from a variety of events and marketing disciplines and an Engagement Lead or project manager that coordinates all project activities and deliverables. The Director of Market Strategy & Insights will develop functional service line concepts and launch strategies to reach business goals and expand revenue for this rapidly growing segment of the business.
What if you were able to have clear, deep and lasting impact on Cvent’s growth? What if you could tap into what you know about Cvent technology in a way that you haven’t been able to do before? What if you could work alongside talented and passionate teammates with that same sense of purpose?
This Director-level role will focus on the market needs and requirements of Fortune 500 corporate organizations across all industries with a mission of exceptional implementation and adoption of Cvent event technology. You will build and design new service offerings exclusive to Cvent Consulting, as well as to mature and refine current service offerings. A marketer at heart, you will craft high-impact messaging and communications plans, create launch plans for new services, prepare cross-functional teams for market readiness, and develope enablement and training programs for field teams. You will work with leadership to understand service-line goals and translate them into actionable programs. You will develop and own the end-to-end thought leadership process for Cvent Consulting and will conduct research, analyze trends and market data, and package insights for a broad range of uses. Success in the role requires collaboration with multiple departments including Sales, Client Services and Marketing, and the incumbent should have a comprehensive understanding of the company. This role will report to the Vice President of Cvent Consulting.
Top 5 Reasons To Join Our Team
- Thrive in a culture of ownership and innovation
- Be a catalyst for change in the exciting SaaS environment for meetings and events technology
- Own the end-to-end process of ideation to launch
- Enjoy a hyper-transparent flow of information, conversation, and ideas
- Accelerate your professional development as a technology industry professional
- Demonstrate mastery of the Enterprise event marketing and management market including current trends and key insights
- Deliver regular trend and insight analysis to Enterprise segment senior leaders based on industry-wide data as well as Cvent customer data
- Forecast market opportunities and proactively concept services that respond to market needs
- Partner with product management to provide market intelligence to influence roadmap priorities
- Demonstrate service line mastery by building launch plans that effectively communicate and package service offerings for target markets include Cvent Strategic Accounts
- Manage the development of a business line messaging strategy, ensuring a consistent tone following Cvent Consulting brand messaging across all other business units
- Liaise with Cvent content marketing and product marketing teams to ensure consistency of messaging and content priorities across multiple channels
- Serve as internal enablement champion to empower and ensure quality and consistency in go-to-market messaging with all client-facing individuals from sales, client services and marketing
- Host routine trainings for internal teams including workshops and deliver corresponding enablement materials that bring new services to market
- Serve as a spokesperson for Cvent Consulting for internal and external audiences on a variety of topics at speaking engagements including customer meetings, webinars, virtual events, and workshops
- Serve as primary liaison, facilitator, and insight analyst for strategic customer listening programs, including Customer Advisory Board(s) designed exclusive for the Enterprise space.
Skills & Experience
- 10-12 years of total experience in B2B marketing for SaaS or consulting services
- 5+ years’ experience in meetings and events industry
- Strong ability to conduct primary and secondary market and customer research forming clear opinions to guide market propositioning and messaging
- Documented success designing process standards, formulating guidance and deploying process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to craft compelling messaging both written and orally
- Ability to capture engagement, speak in front of large audiences and command attention
- Strong ability to motivate others with strong personnel management experience
- Experience leading projects with cross-functional teams
- Experience creating and managing a strategic plan and budget
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Marketo and other B2B/B2C Marketing Technologies preferred
- BA/BS required in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field. MBA a plus
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to travel up to 25%