Director, Market Development
8 - 10 years experience •
The Central America Region is an emerging market with great opportunities. Individual in position will lead the business development strategy by identifying business opportunities, driving and delivering revenue and profitability for the market(s) and its customers, and delivering corporate governance responsibilities reviewing business performance, enhancing commercial planning and coordinating efforts with multifunctional teams. Person in this role will be responsible to identify market opportunities and go beyond barriers ensuring Mastercard policies, strategy and values.
• Are you motivated to help drive a world beyond cash within the Central America Region?
• Are you interested in working at a high-functioning “technical, sales, product” team?
• Are you a strong individual contributor who can also be part of a high performance team?
Business Performance Management
• Develops the sales pipeline, coordinating with product development and account management teams
• Prospects, contacts, and contracts new customers and business partners to improve market acceptance
• Plays a lead role in conversations with key decision makers for new or emerging product opportunities
• Provides input for long-term growth strategies to optimize mutual profitability across business lines
• Plays a key role in developing financial modeling and business cases for development opportunities
• Executes and manages the customer contract agreement process
• Evaluates the deal process to deliver improvements
• Enhances ongoing business development relationships (e.g., government, regulators, industry bodies)
• Identify market boundaries looking for alternatives to get over it.
• Being an influencer for Central America Market. Plays a key role to go beyond any identified barrier.
Business Development Planning
• Performs ad-hoc analysis and participates in conversations with B
• DMs to create strategic plans
• Analyzes market trends, product gaps, Create Opportunity Map (Value/Revenue)
• Coordinates Budget Process with Local Finance, consolidates and adjusts forecasting and account plans
• Enable collaborative process to create an optimal multifunctional value proposal design aligned to Account Plan and MasterCard objectives
• Lead CAC Deal Committee to assure optimal value proposition, quality control of proposals and quality control of presentations
• Assure contracts congruency with both SalesForce and GeoNorth Deal Committee requirements
All About You
• 10 years experience in commercial functions, consulting, consumer products, consumer finance
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or similar
• MBA or similar degree is a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English
• Demonstrated IT literacy to work with tools, databases and applications
• Advanced analytic, problem-solving and research skills
• Ability to translate insights to value propositions
• Agent of change, seeking to improve processes and results
• Self-driven, quick learner, adaptable and tolerant to ambiguity
• In-depth experience executing and managing business development strategies for large or complex countries/regions/industry verticals
• Track record in achieving business development targets and building customer relationships through customer sales
• Demonstrated success introducing existing and new/emerging solutions into various MasterCard countries/regions/industry verticals
• Considered an expert in at least one core industry vertical with knowledge about a spectrum of products specific to that industry
• Led cross-functional projects within own country/region