Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Director of Market Analytics & Insights -Sleep at Jazz is a strategic thought partner, analytical and market research expert, and people manager who provides critical contributions to brand team, life-cycle planning, forecasting, and senior management decisions requiring primary market research and secondary data analysis.
This role is responsible for ensuring that the Analytics and Market Intelligence teams are proactively developing integrated insights to cross functional partners – bringing together insights from the analytics team members, market intelligence team members, field team, competitive intelligence partners, and others.
The Director’s main roles will be to lead and manage market research and analytical professionals, operate as thought partners for primary research and secondary analytics, enhance analytics capabilities to meet changing business objectives, and creating forums for cross-functional sharing of insights. This role will also be responsible for monitoring development landscape for the franchise and will require working with cross functional teams including Life Cycle Management (LCM) leads, Commercial Development, Investor Relations, Senior Management, as well as other cross functional partners.
- Create an integrated approach to insight generation across secondary analytics and market intelligence to enable development of brand strategies, performance management, and opportunities assessment
- Lead comprehensive market intelligence and analytics processes for the Sleep Business Unit
- Manage the Sleep Market Research and Analytics team members including hiring (as necessary), providing clear direction, coaching and support of staff and support for professional development for each staff member
- Develop and enhance analytics capabilities including predictive analytics, machine learning and other advanced analytics methodologies to proactively identify new growth opportunities and optimize customer engagement
- Lead execution and implementation of analytical solutions in support of business opportunity and risk assessment, promotion response and return on investment analytics, and patient flow modeling
- Lead Sleep Insights Team and the Sleep Insights Commercial Reviews as the strategic platform to share market insights, performance updates and align to strategic objectives
- Contribute market and brand insights to the executive Quarterly Review (QRs) meetings in collaboration with BU head and marketing and sales leadership
- Develop and manage budget to support the Sleep Market Research and Analytics function; develop annual market research and analytics budgets and plans based on collaborative input from cross functional partners
- Recruit/hire/manage personnel as required
- Work with other cross-functional partners to support critical commercial activities, including forecasting, LCM strategies, customer targeting, and other ad hoc assessments as needed
- Exemplify Jazz values
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, or the sciences preferred. MBA highly preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience conducting primary market research with physicians and/or patients
- Experience leading teams and developing people
- Experience employing advanced analytical techniques to determine performance, resolve problems and identify opportunities.
- Demonstrated pro-active leadership of brand/project team activities regarding strategy and/or market research findings
- Track record of being a collaborative team player and adaptive to meeting the needs of a growing business
- Experience with new product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
- Strong interpersonal, managerial and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrable strong written and oral communication abilities; strong ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization (verbal, written and presentation skills).
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Expect travel to be about 25% depending on time of year; but can be up to 50% depending on time of year.
- Orphan drug experience highly preferred
- CNS experience highly preferred
- Consulting experience preferred but not required
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.