Saluda Medical is a global medical device company focused on patient outcomes, science, and engineering to transform the neuromodulation industry through the development and commercialization of data-driven, personalized therapies for patients with chronic pain. This role will report to the Senior Director, Market Access & Reimbursement Strategy.
The Director, Market Access & Reimbursement is a U.S. field-based role responsible for working directly with physicians, hospital executives, and ASC administrators to ensure they recognize the economic and clinical value of the Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS) therapy, specifically the EVOKE SCS System. This individual will support the health care providers in obtaining optimal reimbursement (adequate coverate and payment rates), by service as a subject matter expert in: coding, coverage and payment. Additionally, they will be an intermediary to payers including Center for Medicare Services (CMS) and/or Medicare Administrative Contractors (MAC), Medicaid, Veteran Affairs (VA) and commercial payers.
Accountabilities and Associated Responsibilities:
- Ensure The Evoke® SCS System value messages are consistently developed and delivered, and customer feedback on value proposition is communicated to internal leadership. This will necessitate a competence in developing, synthesizing, and presenting the clinical and economic value associated with this therapy.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders at hospitals and ASCs who are engaged in SCS procedures, including hospital executives, ASC administrators, , finance, documentation integrity, billing, and physicians to support the site in establishing and maintaining an SCS program through the development and implementation of reimbursement plans (coding, coverage, payment) unique to each provider.
- Ability to articulate a thorough understanding of the Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS) landscape, trends and market insights. A strong understanding of the commercial and government payer landscape including coverage policies and payment processes.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the payer community. Manage the payer outreach strategy to include Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs), Medicare Advantage and Commercial payers. Closely monitor and respond to proposed changes in medical policies related to our technology and expanded indications.
- Mastery of reimbursement content: billing, coding, payment, coverage, policy, hospital finances, clinic and procedural expertise, etc.
- Ability to identify needed additional expertise and quickly assimilate information and communicate trends, clinical research, policies, etc and how they will impact SCS business.
- Identify market trends and customer needs and supports development of strategies and resources for their customers and team.
- Effectively able to manage demands and needs of multiple programs and customers. Provide high touch program support and build access to key leaders within each organization.
- Build a strategic relationship and serve as a supporting role to our aligned business partners including sales, marketing, sales operations, and medical/clinical affairs.
- Assist our Field Team in the development, implementation, and management of strategic initiatives within geography.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time within the geography to support programs and for internal meetings and conferences.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science, health economics, health policy, or related field and minimum of 12 years of experience. E.g. Experience in health policy, medical device reimbursement and technology assessment.
- Eight+ years of work experience in a field base, consultative, or administrative role within the healthcare industry. Reimbursement and/or sales experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of the commercial insurance landscape and relevant reimbursement processes. A solid understanding of public payer programs; e.g. CMS, including coverage, coding, and payment policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Confidence speaking in public, to groups and virtually. Must be confident, articulate and have professional speaking abilities.
- Understanding of medical and clinical research methods and publication interpretation with ability to use evidence to support value proposition.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, and experience working with various internal business partners (especially Sales, Marketing, Clinical, Regulatory, Legal, and Sales Operations staff) to provide insight into key economic and reimbursement issues for SCS products.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with hospital leaders and physician customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, especially presentation development and delivery.
- Master’s degree in business, health economics, health policy, or related field and minimum of 10 years of experience is preferred.
Saluda Medical embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious manner. We are committed to building a team representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We believe people are the source of our inspiration and innovation. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Saluda Medical does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Saluda Medical’s approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Saluda Medical by search/recruiting agencies not already on Saluda Medical’s approved agency list shall become the property of Saluda Medical