Job Description Summary
The Director will manage Diabetes Care’s efforts to shape global payment pathways to ensure patients have optimal access to our technologies. The position is responsible for integrating market access insights into business strategy and for developing plans that create unique revenue opportunities for products and solutions prior to launch as well as those already on the market.
In order to ensure favorable access to the portfolio, the Director will develop comprehensive strategies with counterparts in other functions as part of Strategic Market Access Resource Teams, which include participation from Regulatory Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Medical Affairs and R&D.
The Director will be an integral part of an increasingly important global core competency for BD.
We employ a team of professionals who work closely with our business and country leaders to advance policies and shape payment pathways that ensure timely access to medicaltechnologies that improvehealthcare delivery and patient outcomes.
Career development opportunities are available through functional, business, and regional roles that are being created to meet the demands of the increasingly complex health care systems.
1) Lead efforts to harness the company’s global market access capabilities to ensure WW business strategies are grounded in payment system realities
- Provide strategic insight into product design, regulatory pathways and marketing strategies in partnership with new product innovation teams and allied functions
- Conduct internal education on market access to elevate awareness of the value of payer insights
- Integrate payer perspectives into clinical and economic evidence generation plans
- Optimize payment for new and innovative products in launch countries
2) Support country leaders (Market Access or Marketing) in defining payment policy and product reimbursement strategies to realize the financial goals of Diabetes Care
- Assess market access requirements for products across the Diabetes Care portfolio from core injection to next generation diabetes management solutions
- Identify trends in payment policies and pathways that create opportunities and risks to inform business strategy
- Shape payment policies and pathways to ensure favorable access to and reimbursement for Diabetes Care products
- Provide coverage and coding expertise for all relevant products
- Foster partnerships with public and private payers
3) Facilitate efforts to drive cohesive pricing strategy across Diabetes Care
- Lead Pricing Governance Committee to review pricing performance and generate action plans
- Build framework to gather competitive pricing intelligence across the globe
- Monitor local adherence to agreed pricing strategies for all product lines
- Proven track record of contributing to growth through shaping favorable payment pathways and securing reimbursement status for health care products
- Thorough understanding of market access considerations for Pharmacy Benefits and Medical Benefits
- Demonstrated capability and experience collaborating with teams in market access disciplines
- Analytical, problem solving, persuasive ability to develop and implement strategic plans
- Excellent oral and written communication capabilities that have been leveraged with external customers, internal stakeholders and senior leadership
- Experience building relationships with public and private payers
- BA/BS and 10 years of general business management experience in the health care industry
- 3-5 years of market access & pricing related experiencerequired, preferably with global responsibility
Job ID R-24559