The Director of Manufacturing Quality Control will develop, implement, and periodically evaluate a program to ensure the organization's production operations, from raw materials to finished products, meet the quality, integrity, and efficiency standards set by the organization.
- Evaluates production operations from a strategic level to ensure that products meet quality, integrity, functionality, and other specifications and requirements.
- Collaborates with management and senior staff across production departments and roles to draft acceptable quality standards.
- Develops and implements quality standard testing and evaluation processes.
- Facilitates communication among production divisions and management.
- Assesses test results and approves recommended changes.
- Reviews quality KPI’s and control documentation such as checklists, logs, and reports for effectiveness, accuracy, and relevance.
- Conducts random inspections and quality control checks.
- Periodically reports status of quality control and operations to executive leadership and, when required, regulatory agencies.
- Foster & drive inclusion, open communication and empowerment within the organization.
- Demonstrates and promotes a growth mindset.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related industrial or business field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight to 10 years of related experience required with at least five years as a quality engineer or similar role highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train staff.
- Thorough understanding of quality control standards and methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and production in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.