The Director of Manufacturing Operations will be responsible for the Manufacturing, Quality, Facilities, EH&S, Continuous Improvement and Supply Chain functions at our Narda-MITEQ facility in Hauppauge, NY. This facility is a DoD government contractor with Micro-Assembly and Space Program products and requirements. In this role, you will lead 5 direct reports, ~150 indirect reports and report to the Site Lead of Narda-MITEQ.
- Develop a world-class operations organization through various staffing, training and talent management initiatives. This includes development and implementation of strategies to meet cost, quality, delivery, customer satisfaction, EHS, and continuous improvement goals.
- Accountable for all quality, facilities, EH&S, continuous improvement and supply chain.
- Lead, inspire and engage a diverse team of employees.
- Drive performance to reach Narda-MITEQ's revenue, EBIT and OTD goals.
- Direct, control, and be accountable for all manufacturing and test operations for the facility; three production lines.
- Provide direction and support to all supervisory staff and indirect reports.
- Assist and guide with workflows, prioritization, procedures, training, support, safety, process improvement, and quality.
- Create, maintain, and report all budgets, forecasting, variances, costs, challenges, and controls to the necessary key stakeholders.
- Team oriented with the flexibility to schedule and meet customer demands that could potentially include working overtime during the week, weekends, and travel 10%.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an DoD security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Engineering, Science, or Industrial Management, or similar field required with a minimum of 15 years prior related experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a Manufacturing Management role with in-depth knowledge and understanding of manufacturing methods (including standard work), production planning, procurement and subcontract management.
- Experience with direct responsibility/accountability of a multi-million-dollar manufacturing budget / facility.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Active DoD Security Clearance (Secret or higher)
- Experience within DoD/RF/Microwave industries
- Master's degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of prior experience
- Experience in quality and supply chain environments