Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients—one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You’ll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell!
Omnicell is excited to be seeking an experienced Director of Manufacturing for our Milpitas, CA facility. This role will report to the Vice President of Manufacturing and will provide manufacturing leadership and collaboratively work in a matrixed organization with other supply chain and quality functions in providing Omnicell customers with high quality medication management products. The Director Manufacturing will be involved in the day to day manufacturing management, change management, business process transformation, strategic planning to support Omnicell’s rapid growth through increasing market share of commercialized products and introduction of new products. This leadership role is in a matrixed organization that is supported by a Global Supply Chain organization and works closely with the company’s Quality organization.
- Provide leadership to the manufacturing team, including production assemblers, technicians, leads, supervisors, manufacturing engineers, project managers
- Assure manufacturing capacity - equipment, personnel, space, and facilities requirement - to meet company revenue requirements
- Lead and champion Continuous Improvement initiatives and projects in the areas of Lean manufacturing, 6S, DMAIC, Operational Excellence, including effectively planning and layout of workflow, equipment, and assembly procedures
- Accountable for meeting manufacturing KPI targets for employee safety, production throughput, schedule adherence, product / process quality, delivery, productivity and cost objectives.
- Plan and meet cost center spending and CAPEX budgets, attain gross margin and cost reduction targets.
- Provide oversight on technical projects related to cost improvement, process development / improvement, quality improvement
- Provide manufacturing leadership to achieve new product introductions which meet customer expectations and meets budget and schedule
- Own manufacturing and cost reductions metrics, develop and deliver management reporting, both routine and ad-hock, as needed
- Develop and coach direct and indirect team members, drive cross-training program and employee development
- Instill a culture of Quality, Compliance, Continuous Improvement and Collaboration - guide and support colleagues and subordinates to enable a cohesive team that works in the overall interests of the organization
- Engage across the Omnicell Global Factory Network (GFN) to benchmark, leverage capabilities, and actively participate and contribute in GFN initiatives
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement of manufacturing performance for Safety, Quality, Productivity, On Time Delivery, and Cost
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Problem Solving and other Operational Excellence knowledge
- Technical expertise in electro-mechanical assembly, process design, test methods
- Excellent verbal communication skills in individual and group settings, as well as management reporting/presentations
- Ability to influence with others in a fast-paced, cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Visio, and MRP systems
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science Degree
- 10+ years of progressive Manufacturing Management experience
- Experience managing manufacturing teams of 100+ personnel in a matrixed organization
- Lean Manufacturing and Operational Excellence training and experience
- Proven track record introducing new products, managing technical teams and engineering projects
- Proven track record implementing strategic manufacturing initiatives, new product introductions, and technology transfers
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- SAP experience
- Lean, Six Sigma or other professional certificates / belts
- Quality System experience - ISO 9001, 14001, 13485
- Electro-mechanical medical products / equipment experience
- Experience with or within Contract Manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing facility
- Not remote - role requires daily on-site presence
- Extended or irregular work hours, as needed.
- Domestic and international travel, as required (less than 25%)