Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Join a team developing the next generation body, chassis & drive unit structural components for Rivian!
- Build and manage a team working on casting technologies needed for launching & producing large machining center.
- Define and execute on strategic milestones for implementing and scaling world class manufacturing equipment focused on high speed and high accuracy machining.
- Execute on product and process validation path to achieve world class manufacturing objectives.
- Define and deliver prototype machining facility.
- Define and deliver multiple production casting facilities.
- Work with design engineers across multiple disciplines to influence product design with an eye towards advanced manufacturing.
- Work on a multitude of technologies concurrently to continually assess mass production viability.
- Work with external and internal equipment suppliers to deliver manufacturing line(s).
- Define production support requirements and help build local operations teams for continued program success.
- Masters/PhD degree in Material/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or similar technical field and/or similar work experience
- 8+ years of experience managing a team
- 15+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Experience designing processes for CNC and manual machines
- Experience scaling a team, scale prototyping, scale production
- Demonstrated knowledge in high and low volume manufacturing (proto-typing, OEE, equipment selection, DFM, 8D, CAD)
- Work with building design, construction and facilities in all phases of implementing new manufacturing centers