The Director of Manufacturing Engineering is responsible and accountable for supporting any and all existing manufacturing operations and for managing to successful completion key development and process improvement projects for just about any facet of the operation’s Manufacturing, Engineering or Quality systems. Responsibility and accountability includes, but is not limited to, the identification, selection and implementation of new and/or enhanced technologies to be employed in the manufacturing of today’s and tomorrow’s product offerings for Globus Medical. Through processes employed today, or those learned through many different avenues of education, bring forward the technologies to better take care of how we produce today while considering new products for processing in the near term and future. Upon identification, work the supply chain (customer to raw materials) to enhance processing to remove costs, interject speed and improve the integrity of products produced. Internally introduce, justify and implement the processes and products that will differentiate Branch Medical Group (BMG) from the competition.
- Supervises and directs the daily activities of multiple departmental functions. Oversees, monitors and coordinates team’s activities. Acts as a liaison between and coach of team members with the rest of the organization. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals as it relates to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Designs process control specifications to ensure quality product in a variety of materials, including development and design of tooling; recommendation for feeds, speeds, or production rates; and process control specifications. Key processes include but are not limited to Swiss-Turn CNC Machining, 5-Axis Milling, Wire EDM, LASER applications for marking and surface treatment, Fabrication Final Assembly and Secondary Operations.
- Developing engineering documentation, including project plans, timelines/schedules, drawings, reports, SOPs, quality requirements, AX and other process control specifications.
- Assists in analyzing and planning work force utilization, space requirements, work flow and layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency. Makes recommendations and is responsible for project management/implementation of new product process development and process improvement activities.
- Constantly identifying opportunities for improving safety, quality, delivery, throughput or productivity and introducing new technologies throughout operations by staying aware of new products, technologies and manufacturing methods.
- Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures including LEAN manufacturing based on TPS.
- Fosters, drives and facilitates continuous improvement and team building environment.
- Supports all operational improvement initiatives and provides training for all projects or initiatives.
- Prepares capital equipment requests (CARs) with complete justification and analysis.
- Supports the Company’s compliance to federal, state, and local environmental legislation by identifying, assessing and resolving problems concerning the environment.
- Communicating updates on projects or data analysis results on a regular basis through written reports, email and presentations to all affected and/or involved.
- Development and implementation of strategies to support BMG’s/Globus’s 3-5 year Strategic Plans.
- Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred. Would consider Industrial or Manufacturing Technologydegrees.
- 10+ years of project/manufacturing engineering in industrialfacilities.
- Minimum10-15 years of Leadership experience to include establishment of goals and adherence to performance expectations.
- Metals experiencerequired – preferably with medical device components (i.e. titanium, stainless steel, cobalt chrome).
- Experience with project engineering with machine design of unique manufacturing equipment or components, investigation of commercial equipment and components, selection for purchase and integration/assembly of custom equipment, installation and startup of equipment.
- Project/Process engineering experience with cellular manufacturing.
- Knowledge of PLC and CNC programming for machine control.
- Familiar with CAD/CAM and MS software products, in addition to industrialelectrical systems.
- Experience with Project Management for new product process development
- Flexibility and willingness to work the hours to support a multi-shift operation in executing growth strategy.