Jensen Hughes is seeking to add to its Fire + Building Safety leadership team for the Greater New York City Area. The position title will be Director or Manager, dependent on experience and qualifications. This position will work with the current leadership team, be part of the strategic planning for the region, and oversee an operational team with a focus on driving a culture of excellence. The leader will be responsible for instilling our company core values in the day-to-day operations of our best in class team including Always Doing the Right Thing, Client Focus, Technical Excellence, Innovation and Collaboration, Professional Growth, and Promotion of Diversity.
- Office Culture
- Work with the leadership team to promote a positive and healthy office culture
- Maintain a highly inclusive working environment
- Foster a culture of acceptance and diversity in thought
- Leverage the effects of diversity for a competitive business advantage by developing best in class solutions
- Promote employee engagement and satisfaction by ensuring positive work environment, work-life balance, guidance towards career goals and interests, and competitive reward
- Client Focus
- Maintain strong working relationships with clients and colleagues to deliver quality products, on time and within budget.
- Assist regional leaders and applicable business development staff to support growth goals by cultivating and expanding client relationships
- Manage client expectations and relationships through clear and thoughtful communication and assist team members in doing the same.
- Technical Excellence
- Ensure business processes are implemented and recommend improvement for delivering of best in class service
- Exhibit the highest standards of honesty and integrity
- Maintain a working knowledge of company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Develop innovative solutions by leveraging differences in education, personalities, skill sets, experiences, and knowledge bases within the team
- Establish credibility with clients by managing close association with professional/trade organizations, code-making bodies, and regulatory agencies
- Professional Growth
- Assist in recruiting and retaining top talent
- Train staff on business processes and procedures.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for regional growth, helping to achieve opportunities for staff
- Proactively grow and broaden the skill base in his/her team
- Ensures a team environment of technical and moral support that enables employees to take challenging new projects and grow
- Team Management
- Establish appropriate performance standards and have regular conversations with team members to ensure they are met
- Use his/her business acumen and knowledge of the Jensen Hughes business model to guide and coach individuals to succeed
- Lead and mentor staff and project teams related to technical skills, project management skills and business development skills
- Communicate with regional leaders and project managers to level workload across talent in an effective and efficient manner
- Drive successful collaboration with key Jensen Hughes business partners (strategy & business development, financial planning & analysis, human resources, etc.)
- Promote direct collaboration between FBS office staff and staff from other divisions and offices
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in consulting or engineering.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or higher, preferably with a focus on Fire Protection Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to mentor and manage staff.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated capabilities in professional service business processes.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Professional Engineering License preferred.
Share on your newsfeed