$80K — $100K *
TGaS® Advisors is a management advisory firm focused on providing comprehensive benchmarking and advisory solutions to commercial operations leaders across the bio-pharmaceutical industry. TGaS provides commercial leaders with solutions focused upon 10 key areas: Field Operations, Incentive Compensation, Market Access & Reimbursement, Pricing & Contract Management, Commercial Analytics & Insights, Omnichannel Marketing, Medical/Regulatory/Legal, Marketing Operations, Learning & Development and Medical Affairs. TGaS serves clients across the spectrum of large (top 35), mid-sized, and emerging life sciences (pre-commercial) organizations.
TGaS® Advisors contributions help to inform our clients’ commercial structures, operating practices, resource planning and capabilities development.
The Director, Management Advisor, Marketing Operations position will report into the Vice President, Marketing Operations & Medical/Regulatory/Legal Solutions and will support the Marketing Operations solution while serving in a client-facing and project management capacity.
During the course of client engagements, the Director, Marketing Operations will lead project-level work to evaluate clients’ current and future-state needs as it relates to resources (headcount and financial) and skills/capabilities related to operating practices within a dynamically changing healthcare landscape and directly in support of the marketing function.
The Director, Marketing Operations role is a critical, client-facing position responsible for executing and delivering contracted services; expanding the breadth and depth of value delivered to clients; engaging TGaS’ Operations team in delivery of the highest quality information and analyses; and broadening awareness of the company’s offerings across the bio-pharmaceutical industry.
The Director, Marketing Operations will perform four key responsibilities:
1. Client Benchmark engagements and related projects
2. Act as an Advisory Services lead
3. Business Development / Opportunity Identification
4. Contribute to Innovation
Specifically, in the context of each of these four key responsibilities, the Director, Management Advisor, Marketing Operations will:
• Lead Client Benchmark Engagements and Related Projects:
• Lead Marketing Operations benchmarks and all projects at client sites, from project initiation to final delivery. This includes conducting in-depth interviews with functional leaders, executives and stakeholders to ascertain available resources and existing capabilities
• Capture / coordinate receipt of client-provided quantitative and qualitative information for input into TGaS’ database for analysis. Data commonly includes: headcount, budgets, skills, operating practices, processes, supportive infrastructure, etc.
• Author benchmark engagement reports summarizing client’s resources and capabilities relative to peer set companies and TGaS’ continuums of best practices, including recommendations to improve operational effectiveness/efficiencies to coincide with the client organizations’ current or evolving/future needs
• Represent the Marketing Operations solution while working collaboratively and cross-functionally with other TGaS teams in the course of client engagements spanning multiple TGaS solutions
• Participate in or (where appropriate) lead value-added client engagements (e.g., strategy and business planning sessions or workshops) which help to drive the value of TGaS benchmark results into clients’ operating practices, processes, or business results
• Demonstrate expertise and provide consultative guidance on key Marketing Operations areas:
• External Agency Management
• Internal Agency/Creative Services Management
• Meetings Management
• Conventions Management
• Speaker Program Management
• End to End Promotional Content Lifecycle Management inclusive of pre-Med/Reg/Legal (MRL) review, MRL review and post- MRL review (Print Production, Fulfillment, Inventory Management, Expiration and Destruction)
2. Lead Advisory Services Engagements with Clients:
• Respond (accurately and in a timely manner) to client inquiries by providing expert and valued guidance that informs client decision-making. Provide ‘urgent, on-call support’
• Envision and proactively execute an annual plan for producing value-added content for client consumption - achieved through TGaS Advisors’ Virtual How (VHow) network and (survey) process
• Lead the Marketing Operations solution semi-annual Client Summits. Envision and create content to be showcased at the Client Summits
• Identify and implement enhancements to the advisory services process. Conduct routine ‘best practice deep dives’ to be published and distributed to the network of TGaS advisory services clients
3. Business Development / Opportunity Identification:
• Through ongoing client interactions, identify unmet client needs that are addressable through TGaS Advisors Marketing Operations (or other solution) offerings
4. Contribute to Innovation:
• Actively contributes to solution development and evolution of services and offerings that will generate additional revenue
• Documents unmet client needs and innovative ideas from benchmarks, advisory services and client engagements
• Design and implement enhancements to existing solutions consistent with TGaS’ core business model.
• Evolve deliverable formats to increase the value TGaS brings to the network and to individual clients.
• Collaborates with Marketing to develop marketing collateral for new offerings.
Candidate Profile & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional with experience directing Marketing Operations in a large or mid-tier pharmaceutical company or emerging life sciences organization. Candidates originating from industries beyond bio-pharmaceuticals and pharmaceuticals consulting will also be considered. The candidate must possess the credibility and experience to both deeply understand Marketing Operations roles/responsibilities, processes, systems, and advise on related best practices. The position will require a driven person to develop and maintain relationships for continuous client engagement. Prior experience as a consultant or in roles of a consultative capacity would be desirable.
In addition, the candidate will have a track record that exemplifies:
• Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical commercial operations with extensive background in Marketing Operations
• Comfort working at the highest levels of client organizations, interacting closely with top executives and business unit leaders
• An ability to consult, problem-solve, work autonomously, and to organize complex information into clear actionable recommendations that improve (client) business results
• Development and management of effective relationships with internal stakeholders and/or clients
• Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously, coupled with excellent communication skills, including group presentations, verbal and writing abilities. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
• High integrity and credibility as perceived by all those with whom he/she will work
• Change management / process analysis skills
• Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree is strongly preferred
Valid through: 3/16/2021
$150K — $200K
47 days ago
$80K — $100K
47 days ago