Amicus Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company at the forefront of developing next-generation medicines to treat a range of rare and orphan diseases, with a focus on improved therapies for Lysosomal Storage Disorders.
The Director, Managed Markets and Trade is responsible for gaining and maintaining broad coverage/access for Amicus promoted products within private and public payer segment. This is a field based position.
The Director, Managed Markets and Trade will act as lead contact for payer related account management and clinical and business activities. The DMM will be responsible for creating, implementing and executing account business plans that serve as a road map for strategic and tactical plan execution. Additionally, the DMM is responsible for managing Specialty Pharmacy Provider account(s) as assigned.
This role will interface with other functional areas including distribution, sales, marketing, patient support services, patient advocacy, legal and compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Director, Managed Markets and Trade is responsible for:
- Obtain and maintain broad access for Amicus promoted products with private and public payers, managed and fee for service Medicaid and Medicare administrators and PBMs.
- Build access with payers with focus on key formulary decision makers.
- Provide marketplace feedback in a timely manner to corporate management on customer business trends, competitive updates and industry issues and opportunities.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of public and private formularies, benefit structures, reimbursement mechanisms, legal and regulatory influences, health management programs and product distribution knowledge to accomplish objectives
- Demonstrate a high level of financial acumen and negotiations skills
- Create and modify account specific business plans and achieve the established goals for the accounts such as formulary status, sales, market share, account management and pull-through
- Provide technical expertise to support contract negotiation, implementation and ongoing optimization of distribution model.
- Support day-to-day activities with channel providers to ensure effective and efficient distribution to the end customer
- Monitor distribution service model to ensure optimum performance and work closely with case management to manage and incorporate modifications that enhance the service model.
- Evaluate channel providers for contract compliance.Assess monthly/quarterly fees from channel providers and validate invoicing of services.
- Provide pharmacy operations expertise that support data analysis and performance of channel providers for contract reviews, assessments and model optimization.
- Develops a strong working relationship with internal Amicus stakeholders to ensure product access and that corporate objectives are met.
- Interface with internal supply chain, legal, finance, brand teams, sales, and manufacturing.
- Work closely with IT and Business Analytics functions supporting the integration of distribution data sets to evaluate and process
- Assess and address any payer barriers to Amicus commercial products.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Amicus Therapeutics portfolio, pipeline and competitive products
- Deliver corporate vision and value message at key conferences.
- Able to interact with high level executives.
- Reports to Head, U.S. Market Access
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Prior work experience with a minimum of 5 years in biotech/pharmaceutical industry in national accounts management. Experience with trade is a plus.
- Extensive understanding managed markets, both pharmacy and medical covered products as well as trade and distribution models
- Strong relationships with key payers and stakeholders
- Proven success in new product launches with payers and PBMs, in orphan/ultra-orphan products
- Systemic understanding of financing and delivery of healthcare in U.S.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and execute on time commitments
- Demonstrated alignment with values and culture
- Tactical account planning and execution
- Business Acumen
- Process excellence and problem solving
- Collaboration / Teamwork / Interdependency
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Leading without authority