The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for managing a prospect portfolio of approximately 100-150 individuals with the goal of securing major gifts from those individuals. The Major Gifts Officer will focus in large part on securing funds needed for regular SRAlab operations and special projects.
The Major Gifts Officer consistently demonstrates support of the SRAlab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Major Gifts Officer demonstrates SRAlab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
- Managing portfolio of 100-150 individuals with goal of securing major gifts from those individuals.
- Stewarding donor relationships positively so that donors remain committed to SRAlab and make gifts to the best of their ability.
- Cultivating internal relationships to most effectively raise money for SRAlab funding priorities.
- Working with the Senior Vice President and the Vice President, Advancement, designs strategic and operational plans for major gift fundraising, including development of revenue targets.
- Identification and cultivation of giving and planned giving prospects.
- Advocating for SRAlab and its funding priorities to external constituencies.
- Working with colleagues in a collaborative and productive manner with the goal of raising maximum funds for SRAlab. This includes sharing information with team and leadership.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of SRAlab.
- Reports directly to the Vice President, Advancement
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional work experience including 5 years of fundraising.
- Demonstrated knowledge of donor base and experience in major gift solicitation required.
- Campaign experience preferred.
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to foster strong working relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set and manage priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of information technology tools such as the Microsoft Office Suite, fundraising databases, and appropriate web-based applications and services.
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.