United Hospital Fund works to build a more effective health care system for every New Yorker. An independent, nonprofit organization established in 1879, we analyze public policy to inform decision-makers, find common ground among diverse stakeholders, and develop and support innovative programs that improve the quality, accessibility, affordability, and experience of patient care. UHF?s current work is focused on achieving health insurance that meets patients? needs at a price they can afford; high quality care that consistently produces optimal outcomes and provides a good patient experience; and health services that follow the arc of patients? and families? lives?promoting wellness and ensuring coordinated, comprehensive care and support.
UHF is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to provide strategic leadership, direction, and management of our small major gifts program with a mandate for growth. This individual will develop and implement a short- and long-term growth plan for major gifts, including planned giving, focusing on prospective donor identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
This individual will join a development staff of four in a leadership role, and will work closelywith the Director of Annual Giving and Special Events on identification of prospective donors through events and annual giving. He/she will maintain his/her own portfolio of donors as well as guide and support the solicitation efforts of key organization leaders and board members.
While the focus of this position will be on individual donors, the Director of Major Gifts will also assist senior management and program staff in the identification and solicitation of foundation support by researching foundation prospects and preparing/submitting letters of inquiry and proposals.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President for Communications and Development and also works with members of the board of directors and executive leadership, including the President.
United Hospital Fund offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience combined with generous benefits, including health, dental, voluntary vision, life, and disability insurance; a tax-deferred annuity savings plan; paid time off; a commuting subsidy; collegial environment with a good ?work/life? balance.
- Bachelor?s degree and a minimum of 7-10 years of nonprofit fundraising experience, with at least 4years in major gifts or individual giving
- Experience as a senior front-line fundraiser and manager, with a proven track record of soliciting and closing gifts at the $5,000-$100,000 level
- Ability to structure and implement a major gifts program, with knowledge of planned giving
- Proven team player with ability to work with senior staff and board members
- Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experiencewith Raiser?s Edge or similar fundraising database
- Knowledge of health care field and current public policy issues desired
Please email applications to with?Director, Major Gifts? in the subject line.
? Cover letter
? Salary requirements
United Hospital Fund is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that values workplace diversity.