We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Director Maintenance Systems
- Visualizes, develops, and launches predictive maintenance programs
- Selects the organization and necessary skilled salaried staff to support management of site operations in the area of maintenance and more specifically the areas of predictive and preventive maintenance
- Oversees coordination of maintenance assets and manpower to prioritize plants and/or activities.
- Develops discipline specific training plans and development activities to insure a high performing work force.
- Communicate and report maintenance status to Business Unit and/or Corporate leaders.
- Develop a trusting relationship with all plant managers, partner with them on the sense of urgency. (Multiple plants relationship).
- Provide the maintenance tools, facilities, and equipment necessary for maintenance personnel to be successful.
- Ensure that all processing equipment has a maintenance plan for the duration of the asset life cycle in order to maintain performance standards and protect asset value.
- Implement and monitor departmental scheduling and planning system that supports manufacturing operations.
- Enforce proper safety behaviors and provides a safe working environment/culture.
- Develop plant specific policies, procedures and systems compliant to the organization’s Maintenance System.
- Develop appropriate metrics to monitor performance and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Manage maintenance financial accounts and budgets to include capital allocation and equipment refurbish plans.
- Develop predictive and preventive maintenance plans.
- Develop a sustainable and effective plan for having proper spare parts in place in order to cut lead time on maintenance repairs.
- Interface with Manufacturing Engineering on equipment design for maintainability.
- Integrates Six Sigma and Lean tools to continuously improve processes and drive productivity.
- Accountable for driving Maintenance excellence and reliability improvements throughout the organization.
- Investigate and propose maintenance models that reduce risks and improve equipment performance.
- Demonstrated use of statistical methods and problem solving to communicate equipment capability, equipment stability, and equipment improvements.
- Proficient with computer systems such as Microsoft Office platform and other basic software.
- Working experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System such as Maximo and TPM (Total productive maintenance implementation)
- Working experience with robots/machines (system enhancing and improvements).
- Functional knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical and/or controls systems utilized in modern automotive applications desired. (CNC machine tools, hydraulics, pneumatics, e-press and torque systems, heat treat)
- Advanced knowledge of machine tool and assembly systems
- Demonstrated experience in developing predictive and preventive maintenance systems
- Proficient utilizing maintenance tools to analyze data
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
- Demonstrable and technically based problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient with statistics and data analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Master’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- Experience in manufacturing facilities with a minimum of 15 years in a technical leadership role to include maintenance departments. 5 years in a Senior Manager position.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.