Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact withresident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you tomake a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the buildings and grounds to maintain proper care of the assignedcommunity(s) in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards/regulations and company policies.
- Directs the community maintenance, housekeeping and laundry (if applicable) staff, to include hiring, training, evaluating performance, resolving disciplinary issues and firing.
- Directs the maintenance and upkeep of the buildings and grounds through maintenance staff. Inspects completed work for conformance to standards and policies.
- Implements preventative maintenance programs. Coordinates compliance with local, state and federal building codes, SDS, OSHA, EPA regulations, and fire codes.
- Coordinates engineering contractors and vendors, making sure insurance and licenses are current.
- Conducts regular inspections of life safety systems, including fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems.
- Coordinates annual apartment maintenance schedule and completion. Oversees necessary repairs and maintenance in apartments and common areas including refurbishment for move-ins.
- Ensures the outside of the property is maintained, including landscaping, snow removal, and garbage/trash removal.
- Prepares and follows approved budget. Tracks utility consumption and expense files.
- Maintains inventory control for all general supplies, parts and equipment for necessary repairs and maintenance. Maintains all required engineering files.
- Assesses all plumbing and electrical problems within the community and determines the best course of action tocorrect the problem. Works within the legal scope of local and state codes.
- Reviews safety data sheets (SDS) as requested for potential exposure to hazardous chemicals used and take necessary precautions
- Assess property damage and file property damage claims in accordance with company policy.
- Responds appropriately to resident or community emergencies by assisting as needed.
- Maintains office, shops and mechanical areas within company standards.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended torepresent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school and a minimum of three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Valid State Driver’s License required for vehicle travel, as needed.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and workenvironment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.