The Magnet Program Director is responsible for assisting the CNO in the oversight, direction and management of the Magnet Journey at Methodist Richardson Medical Center. Has accountability for the implementation of the Nursing Strategic Plan initiatives related to obtaining/maintaining Magnet Recognition and ensuring the organization milieu reflects the internalization of the five components of Magnet. The Director assumes responsibility for coordination of the ANCC Magnet application, designation and re-designation process.
Your Job Requirements:
- Masters in Nursing or other Health-related program required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the Methodist Health System mission, vision and values along with the MHS Nursing Mission, Vision and Values.
- At least five (5) years or more experience of progressive Nursing Leadership experiences required. Experience with Magnet Journey preferred.
- Sets the tone and excitement for advancing nursing practice.
Your Job Responsibilities :
- Empirical Outcomes: Develops a nursing dashboard composed of the nurse sensitive outcomes to be routinely shared with staff; Ensures outcomes are progressing to the level of Magnet recognition.
- Exemplary Professional Practice: Coordinates the development of a system wide Professional Practice Model; Leads the development of a patient care delivery model that defines how care is delivered, the skills required, the context of care and expected outcomes; Oversees the standardization of nursing job descriptions and competencies to reflect the patient care delivery model; Annually reviews and adjusts if needed the Nursing Peer Review process to ensure it is effective in advancing nursing practice; Annually reviews resources available to staff nurses to access policies, procedures and research; Assists with the evaluation of nursing work place safety initiatives; Coordinates the implementation of the Advance Practice Nurses to support and elevate nursing care.
- New Knowledge, Innovations and Improvements: Assists the Nursing Researcher in the development of a system structure for nursing research; Ensures the effective implementation of a system nursing research board and participation of nurses at MRMC; Develops annual targets for nursing involvement in nursing research at MRMC in collaboration with system nursing leadership; Coordinates with the Education Department the education of all nurses on evidence base practice and research; Evaluates Nursing Informatics structure and Support; Develops and implements the Nursing Communication for the Methodist Health System Intranet.
- Structural Empowerment: Coordinate the Design and Implementation of a Shared Governance Model; Develops Structured Model at MRMC to allow for nursing involvement in committees and tasks forces to improve patient care and operations; Develops Structure for Nursing Involvement in the Community as Teachers; Leads and coordinates the annual review of tuition reimbursement, certification assistance and participation; Assists in the development of the annual goals for nursing participation in advancing degrees, certifications and attendance at regional, national and international conferences; Leads the development of a plan to allocate resources for affiliations with schools of nursing, consortiums and community outreach; Reviews employee benefits as it relates to nursing; Initiates and participates in the development of policies, procedures and protocols related to patient care and standards of nursing practice for hospital services, programs and patients.
- Transformational Leadership: Oversees and organizes the implementation of a nursing leadership development program in collaboration with the Department of Education; Participates in the Annual Nursing Leadership Retreat to identify annual goals and evaluate prior year performance; Oversees and coordinates implementation of the Clinical Ladder to ensure compliance with criteria, in a system model; develops system process in collaboration with nursing leadership for annual review of all clinical ladders ensuring consistency in implementation and evaluation across the system; Leads the development of a system annual nursing report with responsibility for creating the MRMC annual nursing report; Follows the Timeline for the Magnet Journey; Conducts a Gap Analysis at MRMC and coordinates the assessment and analysis with the Methodist Health System.
Who We Are
Methodist Richardson Medical Center is a full-service hospital that has moved into a brand-new 134-bed facility. We also deliver care at Methodist Richardson Medical Center – Campus for Continuing Care on Campbell Road. We care for our neighbors in Richardson, Garland, Murphy, Plano, Sachse, Wylie, and surrounding areas. The new Methodist Richardson serves Dallas and Collin counties with advanced facilities and enhanced health services. We're an ANCC Pathway to Excellence® hospital. We're also one of only two hospitals in Dallas--Fort Worth to have received the highest award for Mission: Lifeline – AMI Discharge and Follow Up Demonstration Project from the American Heart Association. We offer an exciting, demanding, and fulfilling career for professionals, where you can work with complex, high-acuity cases. Other expertise includes:
- Designated Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and American Stroke Association
- Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- First health care facility to receive the Texas Award for Performance Excellence, patterned after the renowned Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Where You Will SHINE
Methodist Health System believes its greatest asset is the team members in our organization that values and encourages diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organization. These are our guiding principles:
To improve and save lives through compassionate quality health care.
Vision for the Future
To be the trusted provider of integrated quality health care in North Texas.
Methodist Health System core values reflect our historic commitment to Christian concepts of life and learning:
Servant Heart - compassionately putting others first
Hospitality - offering a welcoming and caring environment
Innovation - courageous creativity and commitment to quality
Noble - unwavering honesty and integrity
Enthusiasm - celebration of individual and team accomplishment
Skillful - dedicated to learning and excellence
Where You Are Valued
We know that employees who are happy, healthy, and fulfilled take better care of patients. We also know that caring for our employees as individuals makes us a better organization. Our benefits include:
- Medical plan choices
- Pharmacy coverage
- Dental and vision plans
- AD&D insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Extended illness benefits
- Wellness program
- Weight management, tobacco cessation, and prenatal programs
- Basic and volunteer life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans with matched contributions
- Leave of absence
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Employee discounts
- And more.