As the Product Management Director of Machine Learning (ML) Infrastructure for the Google Core team, you will partner closely with product and engineering leaders across the company to align current efforts for a complex portfolio of planet scale ML systems and develop new product strategy moving forward. This is a global effort that calls upon exceptional collaboration skills, the ability to manage technical interests across multiple stakeholders, and visionary thinking when it comes to Google's approach to this space.
Since this role requires strong collaboration across major areas of the company through the lens of ML, you will have the opportunity to work with the technology and hardware behind some of Google's most beloved products and platforms, including Search, Cloud, YouTube, and more. In this role, we are looking for a leader with a background in software infrastructure--prior experience conceiving and launching products that function at massive scale--and experience in ML.
The Core Systems team builds the technical foundation behind Google's flagship products. We are owners and advocates for the underlying design elements, developer platforms, product components, and infrastructure at Google. These are the essential building blocks for excellent, safe, and coherent experiences for our users and drive the pace of innovation for every developer. We look across Google's products to build central solutions, break down technical barriers and strengthen existing systems. As the Core Systems team, we have a mandate and a unique opportunity to impact important technical decisions across the company.
- 10 years of product management experience; developing product vision and roadmaps, engaging with customers, writing PRDs, coordinating launches, and ensuring post-launch success.
- Experience with infrastructure technologies and services.
- Experience in launching infrastructure and/or platform products in the market.
- Technical aptitude, with a knack for balancing perspectives of the infrastructure engineers that build the systems and the application developers that use them.
- Lead the development of product vision, strategy, and a multi-year roadmap for our company-wide ML infrastructure efforts, balancing short and long term goals and investments, in partnership with cross-functional teams in order to ensure alignment and business success. - Partner closely with different product groups at Google to create, drive, and deliver a coherent developer ML infra experience from ideation through launch. Manage parts of the solution directly. - Partner closely with engineers and product managers in developing cutting edge technology.