Sensata is a $3+B industrialtechnology company, based in Attleboro, MA. Engaged in the development, manufacturing, and sale of sensors and controls, Sensata produces a range products for mission-critical applications in automotive, aerospace, industrial, and other advanced industrial end markets. Sensata products range from pressure, speed, and position sensors enabling future advancements in efficient and autonomous automobiles, to thermal circuit breakers in aircraft and bimetal current and temperature control devices in electric motors. Its products include pressure sensors, force sensors, temperature sensors, speed sensors, position sensors, motor protectors, and thermal and magnetic-hydrauliccircuit breakers and switches. It develops solutions for specific customer requirements, or applications, across the appliance, automotive, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC), industrial, aerospace, defense, data/telecom, and other end-markets.
In-organic growth is an important aspect of Sensata’s overall strategy, and given the company’s growth ambitions, we are seeking to expand the corporate M&A team with a Director of M&A. The corporate M&A team leads all acquisitions, minority equityinvestments and divestitures for the company globally. Reporting directly to the SVP Strategy and M&A, the Director, M&A will work collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team to develop and execute the strategic vision and M&A roadmap for the company in order to deliver strong profitable growth for the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Inorganic Growth, M&A:
- Drive the strategic direction of merger and acquisitions activities together with and in support of Sensata’s business unit’s strategies
- Lead all stages of the M&A process, including landscape analysis, pipeline development, due diligence, transaction execution, support development of legal M&A related documents and play an initial role in post-merger integration
- Develop, lead and get buy in for presentations and recommendations that will enable the executive management team to make critical go/no go decisions
- SupportStrategy Development
- Support the development of Sensata’s overall strategy as part of the overall corporate strategy and M&A team
The Director, M&A will interface with multiple key personnel on a regular basis, including the CEO, CFO, COO, SVP of Strategy and M&A, and Board of Directors.
The position provides unparalleled exposure to key business leaders and senior executives throughout the company.
- Relevant Experience: A minimum of five total years of experience, ideally including a stint at a national recognized investment bank
- Mergers & Acquisition Experience: Proven track record of successful M&A transactions throughout the entire M&A lifecycle, including landscape analysis, pipeline development, strategic due diligence, transaction management and post-merger integration
- Structured and Logical Thinking: The ability to understand the strategic implications of portfolio growth analysis, and to make strong, well supported growth recommendations
- Analytical Rigor: Proven capability conducting and managing quantitativeportfolio and growth analysis
- Experience with Engineered Products: Ideally experienceworking with engineered products, either through industry experience or consulting/banking projects a plus
- Powerful Communication: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper
- Educational Credentials: The right candidate will possess a Masters in Business Administration from a top-tier educational institution. Engineering undergrad a plus
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, best demonstrated by the individual’s ability to gain credibility with team members and senior management.