$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
The primary purpose of this position is to direct all Loss Prevention activities for the Stores, Distribution Centers, e-commerce and National Support Center (NSC). Develop strategic planning initiatives to ensure that the Company's losses are consistent with the Company's financial objectives. Identify and lead the implementation of technology and systems that will reduce exposures at the Stores, Distribution Centers and the NSC. Develop and monitor all operational expense and capital budgets related to asset protection. Support the investigation and the resolution of criminal activities against the Company, its customers or employees. Work closely with other NSC departments such as Finance, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Inventory Management, Inventory Accounting, Sales Audit and Merchandising to identify causes of loss and implement solutions.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide strategic company-wide leadership and direction on shrink initiatives and programs that will enhance company profitability. Create, implement and maintain Loss Prevention programs, which effectively reduce shrink, control cash, ensure a safe work environment, and protect all company assets e.g., fraud awareness and prevention programs, Policy & Procedure development and revisions, etc.
2. Subject matter expert on all fraud for omni-channel systems and processes across the different retail channels and associated functions that can cause shrink and loss including e-commerce (on-line), POS systems, inventory management, and cash and credit managment. Develop and implement pro-active loss control programs that protect the company's assets by reducing and preventing any type of loss (e.g. inventory, theft, credit card fraud, gift card, cash theft, etc.)
3. Facilitate communications among Internal Audit Services, Store Operations, e-commerce, IT Security and others on processes to identify fraud risk, including data mining and regular testing and review. Assist in development of loss and fraud prevention strategies and tools to reduce opportunities and occurrences company-wide.
4. Work with other corporate partners in the design and execution of fraud investigations. Develop and improve investigation protocols including providing direction to fraud investigators both at the NSC and in the field to ensure effective, thorough, timely and accurate investigations of complaints, especially in dealing with routine matters that do not require on-site investigation by Regional Loss Prevention Leaders.
5. Direct the development of all programs, project and activities related to determining cause of loss whether cash, merchandise, or other assets of the company.
6. Build, maintain and update enterprise safety programs focused on keeping injury rates at our better than plan, in stores, distribution centers, and corporate offices. Includes hazardous materials handling procedures and related service provider dependencies.
7. Approve, monitor and maintain, all alarm and other security systems for Stores, Distribution Centers and the National Support Center.
8. Develop and monitor operational and capital budgets related to loss prevention and store security budgets
9. Coordinate effective loss prevention and safety training with Human Resources, Risk Management, and Store Operations for new and existing stores, Regional and District Management.
10. Provide adequate professional development for the Loss Prevention staff.
11. Develop, monitor, and act on a variety of periodic reports relative to shrink, cash over/short, return goods, internal and external cases and others as appropriate. Assist and provide input to Risk Management regarding accident-relatedreporting.
12. Develop and maintain Company policy and procedures relative to all loss prevention and safety matters.
13. Perform special projects as assigned.
Nature of Supervision:
Interaction with the Vice President, Store Operations Support will be of strategic and goal-setting nature and minimal instruction and /or training may be provided on some tasks performed. The incumbent will often be called upon to exercise individual judgment, based upon his/her experience to resolve matters with the company's best interests in mind.
Directly manage Regional Leaders and Manager, Loss Prevention/NSC Operations to include hiring, training, assignmentdelegation, succession planning, performance evaluation, and disciplinary action including termination of employment when necessary. Indirectly manage Area Loss Prevention Managers and other NSC Loss Prevention staff.
The majority of work is performed in an office environment while a portion of time is spent traveling throughout the Company to individual locations via airplane and/or automobile.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18