Job Summary and Scope:
The purpose of this position is analyze the pipeline of potential customer failures and actions to reduce exposure and to ensure maximum recovery on distressed and/or bankrupt customers. The position will direct the Bankruptcy SWAT team and process and ensure SWAT team members are mobilized quickly to ensure rapid response to filings and understanding exposures. The role will also be responsible for tracking all open bankruptcy cases and report on status, recovery, and actions needed. The role will supervise two or more reporting analyst.
- Ability to shape Veritiv’s success by exhibiting the core competencies and living the Veritiv Values.
- Direct SWAT team, ensure rapid response to bankruptcy notifications and adherence to Veritiv bankruptcy protocol
- Direct the work of Reporting Analysts.
- Manages and assign workflow activities
- Monitors and ensures quality of bankruptcy activity and progress through entire bankruptcy lifecycle
- Analyze pipeline of potential customer failures and actions to reduce exposure
- Partnering with and advising management team to identify problems and improve bankruptcy process
- Communicating company policy, procedures, and practices related to handling of accounts in bankruptcy
- Direct and advise senior level staff during bankruptcy events
- Make decisions on workout plans and as member of Unsecured Creditor’s Committee
- Report on open bankruptcy cases and recoveries
- Actively participates in the implementation and development of strategies for the distressed portfolio.
- Contributes to, and operationalizes the business strategy by developing actionable plans or programs that align to the business strategy and ensure integration of related functions.
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed
- Ensure timely submission of monthly management reports.
- Monitor metrics and work pipeline in order to maximize productivity, efficiency, compliance, and service levels, and minimize detrimental losses
- Deliver presentations for senior leadership, reports, analysis, and recommendations to business teams regarding challenging customers, industry and customer strengths and weaknesses, and increased collaboration.
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ Years of related experience
- 5 + Years Supervisor experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience delivering presentations and data to senior executives
- Expert-level knowledge of bankruptcies and developing work down plans for distressed accounts
- Must be self starter, action oriented, and results driven
- Ability to organize activities across multiple departments for rapid response
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Proficiency in both Mainframe and PC applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and other applications as required. MS Access is a plus but not required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Ability to travel for customer or creditor committee meetings
Working Conditions/Physical Requirement:
- General office environment with not physical requirements
- Decisions are made within established team guidelines and accounting system profiles