The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial work platforms and JLG SkyTrak and telescopic forklifts. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle recovery.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
This position is responsible for strategy development and management of the North American logistics system supporting a multi-billion dollar segment of Oshkosh Corporation. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: development and management of the logistics routings, consolidations, operational management, finished good shipments and system metrics to fulfill Oshkosh Corporation’s manufacturing requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate with logistics sourcing teams in the development of requirements, quote packages, data gathering, evaluation and analysis of bid packages.
- Work with domestic milk-run, truckload, consolidation and LTL providers, and plants to ensure proper scheduling and shipping practices are employed.
- Involved with critical shipments when requested by plants.
- Management the creation/distribution of appropriate routing instructions for current and future suppliers.
- Develop and document processes and procedures concerned with North America inbound international material flow and outbound finished product distribution.
- Monitor routing/contract compliance of logistics service providers and conformance to same by manufacturing plants and suppliers.
- Identify conveyance utilization inefficiencies, opportunities for consolidation of freight, and general cost reductions with improved material flow and potential solutions and implementation.
- Provide sound analytical support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals.
- Support the corporation in establishing and implementing a sustainable logistics policy, which will include mode selection, carrier rationalization and leveraging logistics suppliers to benefit the overall corporation.
- Work closely with the global logistics organization in order to establish and implement the logistics strategy.
- Be knowledgeable and have a working understanding in import/export compliance, inbound/outbound coordination, and reverse logistics.
- Provide leadership and maintain a high level of professionalism in carrying out the goals of the department, division and corporation.
- Participate in development of common global business processes supporting the GPSC organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or related field
- 10-plusyears of relevantexperience
- Master’s degree
- 7 – 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment managing a highly integrated supply chain. Including; kitting, sequencing, milk-runs, off-site material management center, and dedicated fleet operations.
- Proven experience in measuring the effectiveness of a logistics system through development of metrics and Voice of Customer exercises.
- Superior customer service skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Transportation Management System usage and deployment
- Proven project management skills leading highly complex projects or new plant implementations Understanding of customs events and the application of Inco terms
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, VISIO, and MS Access applications for data analysis and documentation
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.