SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for managing logistics activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Supervises department personnel by interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating job performance, disciplining, scheduling work and other related responsibilities.
- Reduce shipping costs and helps negotiate special rates for Merit resulting in improved bottom line.
- Reviews and selects appropriate levels of shipping service and packaging materials.
- Improve compliance with the distribution and warehouse agreement and tracking of and crediting improper deliveries.
- Ensure that inventory controls are in place, that products are properly picked and adjustments are made when mistakes are reported.
- May oversee the RGA and credit memo process.
- Ensures that backorders are processed and shipped in a timely manner.
- Interfaces with Company managers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Helps coordinate safe and effective handling of product recalls and/or on hold inventory.
- Assist with the coordination of facilities/office maintenance.
- Performs other tasks and assignments, as necessary.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting -- Not to exceed 50- lbs. -- local practice may apply.
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a related Bachelor's Degree and seven years of logistics experience, four years of which in a management role.
- Knowledge of shipping, receiving, and storage methods and principles and the ability to organize warehouses.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to solve problems in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheet, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Supervisory process
- Delivery scheduling
- Computer skills
- Returned goods receiving/processing
- Customer needs/orders/returns