GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Leads and contributes in strategy, planning, development and performance of Dole Fresh Vegetables (DFV) North American transportation and 3rd party VA/FSS distribution services supporting customers and Supply Chain network.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Develop and execute strategies and plans for the transportation and 3rd party warehouse services in support of Raw Material, FSS/Commodity and Finished Goods supply chains.
- Identifies and manages performance of logistics teams and service providers to defined KPI’s
- Leads and collaborates with DFV business units, logistics teams, functional groups, and service providers on continuous improvement or corrective action to meet or exceed goals or requirements in the areas of food and associate safety, quality, service, social responsibility, and revenue/profit enhancement.
- Recognizes and develops resource needs, skills and capabilities, and ensures resources are adequately trained to provide the services and support to external/internal customers, suppliers and business partners.
- Sets direction and strategy on logistics analysis and reporting, and utilized information to drive business decisions to deliver operational excellence.
- Provide leadership, support, continuous improvement and problem identification/solving in representing logistics in the S&OP process.
- Continually evaluates and analyzes transportation service and cost results and translates in to plans and actions to drive improved results.
- Leads and provides oversight to source, procure, develop and manage logistics capacity to meet the growth and needs of the business.
- Manage the balance between cost, capacity utilization, and service in a collaborative way with the internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiates contracts, rates and capacity as required to support new or changing business through the Pro Forma process.
- Maintains and incorporates knowledge and information on logistics and transportation markets and business intelligence.
- Define, maintain and continually evaluate logistics service provider’s compliance to Dole contractual and business requirements, and work in the scope of DFV’s governance.
- Interface and collaborate with customer service, sales, plant and warehouse operations, and customers to deliver solutions and provide superior customer service
- Represents logistics in customer engagement and presentations in support of new or existing business opportunities and defines and communicates DFV’s logistics capabilities and solutions for customers.
- Champions logistics solutions and process improvements in a matrix relationship environment.
- Maintain expertise and knowledge with Dole’s Supply Chain and Logistics systems.
- Follow all Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to position
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a cross functional, matrixed organization
- Strong and proves supplier management proficiencies
- Strategic and tactical supplier sourcing and procurement foundation in a multi-modal, temperature control/dry, domestic and international supply chain
- Budget development, cost and performance management expertise to drive results to meet company and department financial goals and objectives
- Plant/manufacturing logistics experience in a food, consumer supply chain is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge in Cold Chain and temperature control transportation in a consumer food channel highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with safety practices and methods, supply chain food safety, and quality management systems and methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, leadership, team building and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel and/or other spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of logistics, shipping/receiving procedures, inventory control, and least cost load-building models.
- Must have the ability to make quick decisions and work under short timelines.
- Strong in multi-tasking and being a change agent for the business.
- Flexible to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as business needs dictate.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Minimum of ten years of experience with a medium to large enterprise supply chain, logistics, and/or transportation roles, inclusive of at least 3-4 years in a Sr Manager or Director role
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management, Business or equivalent work experience in related industry or functional areas with undergraduate/graduate degree.
Tracking Code 818