Director - Local Site IT ( Desktop Support )
This position is responsible for the successful management of Local Site IT (Desktop Support) across the Spectrum call center footprint. The Director will be responsible for the management of 50+ technicians and 6 managers supporting 30+ locations. The Director will function as a business partner to site VPs / Directors and call center senior leadership.
The Director will also be responsible for integrating several legacy teams into a single new team, while significantly expanding the number of locations supported. Additionally this role is responsible defining the KPIs, metrics and dashboards to successfully manage a geographically diverse team and ensuring that the team achieves the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the leadership of the Local Site IT (Desktop Support) team (50+ technicians, 6 managers, 30+ locations).
- Actively and consistently support all technologies in the Local Site IT portfolio.
- Creates and monitors troubleshooting capabilities and documentation standards. Drives the creation of troubleshooting flows for all applications and infrastructure within the footprint.
- Leads the creation of effective triage processes that will reduce the mean time to repair (MTTR).
- Develops key metrics to measure the operational performance of all teams and functions in the operational support groups.
- Partners with various business and IT functions to provide timely updates.
- Works closely with IT teams to ensure hand-offs to production are clearly documented and the operational teams are trained on the new features / functionality and positioned to expertly support the application / infrastructure component.
- Develop standards and processes.
- Ensures solutions are tested appropriately and improve the overall customer experience.
- Perform other duties as requested
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to lead and mentor a geographically dispersed team in a mission-critical environment
- Experience working with senior leaders (VP and above)
- Advanced ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization, many different disciplines and varying degrees of technical and business experience
- Advanced understanding and ability to successfully manage complex technology programs and project budgets
- Experience building support organizations and integrating new processes to drive efficiency
- Hands-on experience managing a geographically diverse Local Site IT / Desktop support team
- Strong attention to detail balanced with the ability to think strategically
- Advanced knowledge of PC support
- Hands-on experience developing and managing call center PCs
- Strong knowledge of desktop tools
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Experience managing 24/7 operations team
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, make decisions and resolve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to conduct formal presentations to all levels of management on issues or findings in key areas or subjects
- Advanced ability in mitigating risk and implementing contingency plans
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Advanced management or technical degree preferred
Related Work Experience Number Of Years
- Desktop / Local Site IT 10+
Management Experience 7+
Managing complex programs or projects 10+