This position is responsible for the successful management of Local Site IT across all three legacy MSOs and successfully processing and delivering 20 million calls a month.
The role is responsible for identifying best practices and establishing enterprise wide standards for the productivity and efficiency of all Local Site IT functions, including but not limited to ongoing maintenance, troubleshooting, deployments, upgrades, monitoring and day to day management of Local Site IT.
This role is also responsible for driving consistent processes across all teams, tracking key performance metrics, and managing new initiatives. Additionally this role is responsible for translating the needs of the organization into business solutions to maximize benefits across the Local Site IT footprint.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the support of Local Site IT.
- Actively and consistently support all technologies in the Local Site IT portfolio.
- Creates and monitors troubleshooting capabilities and documentation standards. Drives the creation of troubleshooting flows for all applications and infrastructure within the footprint.
- Leads the creation of effective triage processes that will reduce the mean time to repair (MTTR).
- Develops key metrics to measure the operational performance of all teams and functions in the operational support groups.
- Partners with various business and IT functions to provide timely updates.
- Works closely with IT teams to ensure hand-offs to production are clearly documented and the operational teams are trained on the new features / functionality and positioned to expertly support the application / infrastructure component.
- Partner with IT team to ensure business units have the required data to manage their operations.
- Develops cross-MSO standards and processes.
- Ensures solutions are tested appropriately and improve the overall customer experience.
- Perform other duties as requested
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Hands-on experience with Local Site IT support.
- Advanced knowledge of PC support.
- Hands-on experience developing and managing call center PCs.
- Strong knowledge of desktop tools.
- Ability to lead and mentor a geographically dispersed team in a complex environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Experience managing 24/7 operations team
- Advanced ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization, many different disciplines and varying degrees of technical and business experience
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, make decisions and resolve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to conduct formal presentations to all levels of management on issues or findings in key areas or subjects
- Strong attention to detail balanced with the ability to think strategically
- Advanced understanding and ability to successfully manage complex technology programs and project budgets
- Advanced ability in mitigating risk and implementing contingency plans
Bachelor's degree in engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
Advanced management or technical degree preferred
Related Work Experience Number Of Years
Desktop / Local Site IT 10+
Management Experience 7+
Managing complex programs or projects 10+.