The Trilogy Lifestyle & Wellness Director is responsible and accountable for the proactive leadership, direction, and supervision for all lifestyle programs, including strategic program planning and budget creation, scheduling, and implementing lifestyle and event activities in specific program areas. The incumbent also oversees the daily operation of the Wellness & Fitness programming and concierge.This includes, hiring, training and supervising staff, processing payroll and. This position reports to the Club General Manager.
- Communicate the core values and mission of BlueStar Resort & Golf (BSRG) to support the achievement of company goals.
- Create a comprehensive member program that includes monthly activities and events for recreation, enrichment, creative expression, and travel. BSRG proprietary programs include Explore 52, Explore 360, and Club Connect.
- Oversee daily operations of the Wellness & Fitness area with emphasis on guest service, cleanliness, safety, fiscal responsibility (i.e. staffing, payroll, expenses, and revenue generation), team guidance, and support for the BSRG vision.
- Host Club LIfestyle events and activities; support member led clubs and create special event functions.
- Create strategic partnerships with the Shea Community Representatives to share information and create engaging lifestyle events to showcase the Trilogy lifestyle and attract new buyers.
- Manages and oversees concierge team and direct work as needed.
- Create open communication with members to share ideas.
- Support the budget creation process and monitor the budget to assure revenues and expenses are meeting the department’s financial goals; coach team members in creating their program budgets.
- Update the member website, My Trilogy Life, and social media, daily to maintain all community activity and event information.
- Contribute to #MyTrilogyLife magazine.
- Provide a menu of lifetsyle activities, outside of club activities, for member participation.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degreepreferred, or the equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Two years’ experience in event planning and budgeting preferred; experience in the hospitality industry a plus.
- Background in hospitality industry, travel industry and/or Lifestyle & Wellness Industry required.
- Experience working in a Homeowners Association (HOA) preferred.
- Knowledge of the home building and real estate industries a plus.
- Current First Aid, CPR/AED certification, and other safety certifications, as required by the Club.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team members.
- Must possess basic computational ability as well as budgetary analysis.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to respond to the needs and requests of staff members, guests, and the community association.
- Must have strategic planning, change management, problem-solving, decision-making, delegation, time management, supervisory and employee development skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative, with an ability to think, work, solve practical problems, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule, to include evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license is required.