Director - Life Sciences Business Development Executive
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Navigant Life Sciences is the Life Science strategic consulting arm of
the Navigant Consulting Health Care Practice. Our clients include
companies in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, drug
delivery and diagnostic industries.
Navigant Life Science’s culture is distinguished by its collegial,
team approach. We value hard work of the highest quality and also
encourage creativity and entrepreneurship. Our offices are located
in New York, Boston, Princeton, Chicago, San Francisco, London,
Beijing and Shanghai.
This role can be based in any of the following locations: New York, NY; Princeton, NJ; Boston, MA; Minneapolis, MN; Chicago, IL.
- Develop new revenue opportunities for Navigant Consulting Inc.'s Life Sciences Practice. The ideal client profile for this activity is C-level executives and their direct reports within the large pharmaceutical, medical device, and medical technology, specialty pharmacy and biotech organizations.
- Build relationships and engage in activity designed to generate qualified leads to support our commercialization and market strategy consulting deliverables.
- Develop Account Plan strategies for our Tier 1 clients.
- Support the Healthcare Practice Business Units by driving pipeline accuracy and developing and supporting their go-to-market strategy around key solutions
- Support national business development outreach initiatives, which will require the BD to initiate and organize meetings and phone calls with prospective clients, prepare letters and email, and participate in preparation of sales collateral.
- Originate, develop, and help close $5M+ annually in new revenue generated
- Strategic and conceptual thinker and planner
- Deep broad C Suite network with high profile Life Sciences Clients that has been leveraged to sell management consulting strategy and commercialization work
- Demonstrated experience working with Life Sciences C-Suite (and their direct reports) to find need, find solutions and drive closure to projects that align with client imperatives
- Demonstrated strategic selling skills that have delivered outcomes
- Strong understanding of the life sciences market and clients' critical imperatives at the product, business unit and enterprise levels.
- 3 plus yrs selling management consulting services to healthcare clients with annual new sales generation exceeding $4M annually
- Detailed oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills at corporate level
- Strong marketing analysis and evaluation skills
- Ability to develop and implement a comprehensive business development and marketing plan.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with branding, product positioning and product launches
- Experience and understanding of sales and marketing functions
- Experience in the creation and execution of marketing and sales programs
- Proficient in use of Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and the Internet
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Graduate of an accredited four year college or university
- Significant Experience in the health care services field.
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of others
- Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at another location