The Director of Lender Services is responsible for implementing the strategy through management and team members for all auto finance customers utilizing Express Recoveries. This position will define metrics and develop the team to deliver on the goals of the Lender Services department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and drive the lender services strategy throughout the department to optimize the business results of performance, quality and service. Makes changes to the plan as needed to optimize the results. In addition, the director will contribute information, analysis, and recommendations to the VP/General Manager and business leadership team with strategic rationale and direction; influencing objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Oversee the development of policies, procedures and practices of the department, socialize changes and mitigate objections with interdependent departments when applicable, and ensure implementation of changes coordinated through quality checks and other internal audits.
- Conduct calls with customers to assess issues, make recommendations and ultimately resolve problems to meet SLAs for various constituent groups.
- Coordinate and/or participate in lender business review meetings as required and interact with the lender sales organization to help win new business and improve the performance of services provided to existing customers.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys to improve the performance of the department and ultimately ensure our customers are satisfied with the products and services they acquire from F&I Express.
- Establishes and implements the operational plans and procedures for the department.
- Leads special projects as required to increase effectiveness of the department by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Collaborates with departments throughout F&I Express and cross-collaborates with other Cox Automotive business units.
- Review and assess software and reporting solutions to increase effectiveness of the team.
- Partners with technology teams to identify and ensure the software and hardware needs of the Lender Services team are met.
- Oversees the management of vendors and vendor relationships as related to the department.
- Hire, train, assess and develop the talent within the department; serves as a leadership mentor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business field or 10+ years related experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Management and finance/insurance environments
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the F&I space of the automotive industry is a plus
- Strong planning, organizing, and execution skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent large-scope projects.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Has executive presence to effectively communicate at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to manage through others to optimize business results.
- Ability to work with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Strong professional written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of the department’s responsibilities to effectively consider process improvements, technology solutions, and operational efficiencies.