Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal’s Legal team is looking for an experienced, highly engaged and dynamic M&A transaction lawyer to support PayPal’s acquisitions, divestures and investments globally. In this role, you will work closely with other PayPal legal professionals and stakeholders in PayPal’s Corporate Development group. As Director, Legal, M&A you will report to Vice President, Legal at PayPal.
- Leading strategic M&A transactions and corporate finance activities globally, including acquisitions, JVs, equityinvestments, from pipeline and planning stages through and including integration.
- Structure, draft and negotiate complex transaction agreements and lead global multi-functional teams.
- Manage internal and external deal processes and drive continuous improvements and scalability in deal processes and execution.
- Advise senior PayPal management and business clients
- Create and manage deal teams with other PayPal in-house attorneys, PayPal personnel, and outside advisors (including active management of outside counsel) for sophisticated transactions
- Work closely with PayPal Corporate Development, Regional and Domestic Business Units, Accounting Policy, Finance, Treasury, Tax, and Human Resources functions.
- Manage internal team members and constituents and outside advisors, including active management of outside counsel.
Job Requirements and Basic Qualifications
- JDdegree with excellent academic credentials.
- 9+ years of experience at a law firm or comparable corporate environment with a sophisticated M&A / corporate finance practice is highly desirable.
- Senior-level experience in M&A transactions (domestic, international and cross-border, with a comprehensive understanding of M&A structures, deals, documents, and legal issues) is required. Substantial experience in corporate finance matters is highly desirable.
- Flexibility and creativity in dealing with complex legal issues on a domestic and cross-border basis.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Good project management skills, well organized, with the ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- A high-level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with business clients and other legal department members
- Team oriented, with a strong sense of humor, unquestioned ethics and integrity, sound judgment and high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to cherish innovation, embrace change, and believe that there is always room for improvement.