Exciting position accountable for developing learning solutions supporting the enterprise. Focus will be on leadership development solutions for leaders at all levels with some technical and functional solution development. Opportunity to be innovative and bring new learning approaches into ADT. Success will require a highly accountable leader with a passion for developing others while collaborating with all parts of the business. Will lead a team of instructional designers to optimize capacity and quality of content development. The Director of Learning Solutions will be a thought leader and mentor to the functional and technical learning and development teams that reside in the business to ensure a consistent, high quality and engaging learning experience.
Key Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Creates and manages the instructional design strategy for the company.
- Leads a team of instructional designers ensuring the most effective and efficient learning solutions are developed to meet the needs of the business.
- Provides thought leadership in researching best practices in areas of cutting-edge learning technology and methods to support a highly diversified and dispersed workforce in a performance-oriented culture.
- Functions as a champion for learning interventions to internal stakeholders, establishing service level agreements while fostering a culture of learning through instructionally sound, technology-enhanced instruction.
- Leads cross-functional communities of practice to enhance the learner experience.
- Develops strong working relationships within the field, contact centers and corporate functions, to understand, design, develop, and implement learning solutions that support the business.
- Steps in to design and develop content periodically.
- Leads change management and communication strategy for adopting and implementing learning solutions.
- Maintains the vendor-client relationships between the various learning providers.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proven track record of designing and developing multi-modal programs at scale that are aligned to the business strategy.
- Experience leading team of instructional designers including implementing quality and productivity processes, resource allocation and capacity plans, and continuous skills development.
- Leadership Development expertise and experience.
- Experience with multiple learning content development approaches (micro-learning, gamification, learning assessment, virtual classroom, MOOCs, etc.).
- Experience managing vendor relationships to bring innovative solutions into the design process.
- High degree of business acumen and strategic thinking.
- Ability to influence business leaders at an executive level.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, able to lead a team to make sound trade-offs in ambiguous situations.
- Superior confidence, judgement and integrity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent stand up presentation, coaching, facilitation and teaching ability.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate across a broad range of leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Systems Design, Human Resources, Business or related field. Advanced degree in related field strongly preferred.
- 8+ years in Human Resources field with increasingly significant roles in leadership development, performance management, organization development/effectiveness, or related role.
- Ability to effectively manage and achieve successful outcomes in a fast-paced environment of ambiguity and competing priorities is required.
- Travel required, up to approximately 25%.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical solutions and information.
- Innovative – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Learning and Performance – Ability to develop a particular skill in others and bring them up to a standard of work performance.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use critical thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Goal Oriented