The Director Learning and Development (L&D) Solutions reports to the Vice President Learning & Leadership Development and is responsible for leading, implementing and managing the Company-wide L&D projects by designing learning content, supporting learning materials and tools and the Learning Management System (LMS). All duties are performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Lead and manage the L&D content development process including intake, design process, prioritization, capacity planning and post mortem reviews.
- Partner with business leaders and key stakeholders to identify long and short-term plans to evaluate, improve and enhance the L&D content development process.
- Direct the development, implementation and management of the L&D content development standards, policies and templates.
- Lead the development, implementation, and management of the L&D quality review standards, process and metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of L&D programs.
- Direct and manage the L&D project prioritization and planning process to ensure projects are delivered on time and exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Benchmark L&D best practices and emerging trends to make recommendations on course design, development, tools and technologies.
- Determine appropriate blend of adult learning methodologies, including in-person and web-based training required to create and deliver best-in-class learning programs.
- Manage, improve and optimize the Learning Management System to ensure the system is meeting the L&D needs for the company; research and recommend technology enhancements as needed.
- Collaborate with other HR departments to align and integrate broader HR priorities with the priorities of the L&D Solutions organization.
- Lead, manage, coach and develop employees in the L&D Solutions organization.
- Manage departmental budget and make recommendations for future budgetary needs.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or equivalent education and work experience.
- At least 7 years of leadership experience demonstrating positive results in a corporate environment.
- At least 3 years of experience managing L&D content design, LMS, and/or L&D projects in a corporate environment.
- Strong experience in project management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong experience in all Microsoft office products and L&D technology platforms.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Previous experience in hospitality industry and/or other high-volume service oriented industry.
- Additional training or certification in L&D areas.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting