As a Lean Master working for the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Business Group, you will be in charge of making the “extraordinary transformation” a sustainable reality. IGT also means “Incredibly Great Team”, so we expect excellent results from all our team members.
The mission of the IGT Business Transformation team states: “We foster problem solvers. We support the IGT organization in making a problem solver out of each and every employee, creating an environment where problems are gold and people are not afraid of using lean tools as their standard way of working to achieve common organizational goals. A place where failure is accepted as a learning step.”
You are the driving strength which creates the culture and capability of continuous improvement across the BG using known methodologies of Lean and Six Sigma. As Ambassador of the Lean Excellence Phased Deployment Model, you will inspire managers and employees, and lead the entire organization through its implementation, using kaizen events and black belts projects as tools to solve real business problems delivering real, tangible and sustainable business results.
The Business Transformation team works towards the creation of a company that systematically applies continuous improvement methods to all our End2End processes, driving better business results. You will constantly challenge the status quo and be the role model for End2End Lean Thinking.
You are responsible for
- Design, develop, and implement the lean improvement roadmap for your area of responsibility, linked to the business hoshin and strategic priorities.
- Support the business in resolving issues, using the known lean and six sigma tools as well as the E2E methodology, Kaizen events and six sigma projects as a way to improve Quality, Delivery, Cost and Inventory within your assigned geography / business perimeter.
- Ensure your kaizen events - six sigma projects are properly planned / executed / sustained.
- Analyzes key business metrics and situations from a “Site Leader's” point of view and engage with the management team and middle managers helping them in finding opportunities where lean, six sigma and E2E tools can be used to improve such metrics and situations.
- Creates VSM's that will result in World-Class Lean Implementation using creativity and lean expertise. Identify and lead (where applicable) KaizensKaizen(s) needed to reach vision.
- Support the sites in their competence development ensuring the lean and six sigma foundation.
- Identify knowledge and competence gaps and enable/lead training and resource as necessary.
- Coach the Lean Champion, help identify other business resources which can become LEAN business resources
To succeed in this role you should have the following skills and experience
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree is required.
- At least 10 years relevant working experience in a global operating company in a regional or global role.
- You have a strong and demonstrated passion for Continuous Improvement
- You know how to motivate and engage people
- Be proficient in time and project management
- Be capable to inspire change with sense of urgency and bias for action
- You have a positive attitude, always
- You can trigger, plan, execute and sustain a kaizen event with world-class results
- You possess great networking skills and the ability to enthuse colleagues in Lean Thinking as a business necessity.
- You are to work at every level of the organization, from Team Members to Executives.
- Business English both spoken and written is required
- Flexible towards travelling (50% travel), mainly within the assigned region, but also globally