The Director at Ft. Dodge will lead a sustainable Lean Transformation and lead multiple work streams and coordinates overall transformation at the site.
The Director will provide post-implementation support for Lean initiatives covering Operating, Management and People systems.
- Responsible for the success of the Lean transformation across site.
- Leads a team of local change agents to ensure successful project diagnosis, design and sustainable completion.
- Overseeing application of lean method in dimensions covering Operating, Management and People systems across site
- Communication of Lean across the site
- Achieving cultural change across the site
- Reaching site impact goals
- Build capabilities of all site employees
- Makes presentations regarding project direction and recommendations to site leadership
- Prepares periodic written reports for site leadership regarding project status.
- Keeps Central change agents and Operations Excellence leader informed of project direction; renegotiates direction as necessary.
- Influential leader who will engage all organizational levels and lead sustained improvement.
- Appreciates human challenges in improvement projects and knows how to resolve them.
- Focused on business impact and actionable recommendations.
- Excited to lead complex discussion and convince on key principles
- Acts as role model for local change agents
- Ambitious regarding her/his own career path
- Understands dynamics and culture of organizations and liaises well beyond the site.
Management & Economic Magnitude:
Will establish budgets and oversee expenditures for cost center. Decisions directly impact biological product availability for domestic and global markets.
Direct Reports: 2-3;
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree or professional designation preferred
- Minimum of five years' of progressively more responsible experience in an operations or project management leadership role
- Working capability with Lean or Six Sigma
- Excellent coaching and influencing skills required
- Must be a recognized and ambitious leader
- Competent in project planning, problem solving (to include simulation, modeling, capital budgeting, cost benefit analysis and information systems development)