Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based technology solutions serving many of America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions extending to ManagedIT solutions, including Application, Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Hosting Services offered by its affiliate, Navisite. Our industry-leading team of experts work closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing these right-fit solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. , visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
Spectrum Enterprise?s Marketing Team is currently seeking an experienced, strategic, digital savvy Director of Lead Gen Marketing with a deep background in the telecom industry and demonstrated success in delivering leads for small and mid-sized business. This position must be based in Charlotte, NC.
Reporting to the VP, Campaign Strategy and Execution, the Director, Lead Gen Marketing ? Mid-Market will be responsible for forming strategic partnerships with sales, product marketing, field marketing, content team, and product management to develop and drive lead generation and sales enablement programs that contribute to overall rep productivity and revenue generation. They will also engage in ongoing dialogue to uncover emerging needs of the business, and determine how marketing strategies, messaging and programs can evolve to meet fast paced demands of the telecom industry. The primary goal is to combine compelling creative, and targeted, insightful messaging to produce campaigns, programs and tools that deliver marketing qualified leads and support a 10%+ increase in overall revenue growth. The position requires deep knowledge and understanding of telecom solutions and the telecom industry.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Lead Generation Campaigns
In partnership with brand, product marketing, content and the product management team, this position will create campaign goals, strategies, segmentation and messaging direction, operationalize the strategy into clearly documented plans, direct an agency to deliver campaign creative and tactics and closely track results to optimize performance. Campaigns will visually demonstrate our sophisticated, enterprise level expertise and clearly connect buyer?s/persona?s business challenges to our unique solutions in order to drive leads, appointments and sales for specific product objectives.
Inbound and outbound campaign strategies and tactics will be incorporated in order to achieve a fully integrated campaign approach. Focus on buyer?s journey, user experience, digital content, email nurture, paid media and SEO/SEM are paramount. A close collaboration with the media and marketing operations team to ensure integration and optimization of digital advertising tactics is key to success. In addition, direct response strategies and execution are also important. A knowledge of direct mail development, execution and fulfillment is required.
Ongoing calibration with our sales leadership teams to understand lead quality and conversion will be required.Working with Marketing Ops and Sales teams, this person will develop strategies to optimize, track and report on lead performance. Performance will be measured in both direction campaign attribution, and indirect influence.
Developing nurture strategies to move buyers through from top of the funnel to Marketing Qualified Lead is a strategic area of focus for this role. This person will identify the types of nurture programs needed to capture buyers at the top of the funnel, determine how they integrate with other inbound and outbound marketing programs and continually optimize the programs once launched. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for developing recycle nurture strategies that take leads and opportunities that are not going to result in a sale and put them back into the marketing funnel.
Sales Enablement and Funnel Acceleration Programs
Development of materials to support strong conversion rates on marketing qualified leads will be part of every campaign or program that is delivered. This position will reach across the marketing organization to gather materials and support resources for sellers that help them convert leads and appointments, and deliver them to sales in a cohesive manner which connects the dots between campaign objectives, business challenges and Spectrum Enterprise solutions. Additionally, this position will be responsible for developing content within our OnDemand tool that enables reps to personalized pre-approved messages for use in prospecting in to their module. Finally, this team works closely with our outbound sales teams to develop / optimize a strategic approach to prospecting and executes lists for sales.
- Proactive documentation and communication of upcoming activity to generate awareness of programs, results and next steps - upward, across peer set and with key stakeholders, especially sales and product leadership.
- Provide ongoing team updates on campaign components and implementation progress to plan.
- Ongoing, independent understanding of telecom industry trends, competitors, business drivers and pain points and how they translate to Spectrum Enterprise solutions.
- Work with Business Planning and Marketing Operations teams to establish target segments, measurement of response against segments.
- Define campaign/program goals and measure results to goals in order to improve future campaign performance.
- Ongoing analysis of direct campaign attribution and indirect influence linkages to sales results.
- Manage creative agency relationships in order to execute creative campaign requirements in a timely fashion.
- Develop and lead a team of marketing professionals.
- Partnership with key vendors to leverage their assets for incorporation in to campaign strategies and tactics.
- Manage and track marketingbudget.
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in developing and implementing targeted B2B acquisition, nurture and sales enablement in the telecom industry.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education and experiencerequired. MBA preferred.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of telecom industry.
- Proven track record of creating and implementing innovative digital customer acquisition programs that align with the buyer?s journey and focus on generating new business leads in support of achieving/exceeding sales growth and revenue goals.
- Experience creating and executing direct mail campaigns.
- Be an active listener that can think on his/her feet.
- Believe in an environment of collaboration and teamwork.
- Independent, proactive execution on projects and campaigns, with the ability to prioritize and work under pressure.
- Relevant copy writing and creative samples.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills are required.
- Ability to travel within the US to various meeting locations. Approximately 25-50% travel may be required.