At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP’s Central Ontario Infrastructure Group are industry leaders in the design and project management of residential, industrial, commercial (Petroleum) and institutional development projects offering a full range of engineering investigations, consulting, construction administration, inspection, program and project management services for private clients, municipal provincial and federal agencies.
EXP is currently searching for a Director, Land Development in our Brampton office. The environment is fast-paced and growth oriented, ideally suited for individuals who like to manage and grow business; develop client relationships; Someone with a strong background in civil engineering driven to build on current successes.
- Working under the direction of our Senior Director, Land Development, manage business development as the overall client manager across southern Ontario; with proven management of profitable projects; with a strategic plan for business development in Southern Ontario; work with our strong base of existing client and forge strong alliances with new clients
- assume overall responsibility for successful delivery of medium to large-scale land development, infrastructure projects, through the planning, design, approvals, construction, and maintenance phases.
- Project scope, budget, and schedule control for development projects with typical - construction values of up to $100 Million.
- recognize value of working in a strong team environment with a proven track record for quality product; and on time delivery
- collaborate with other in house EXP disciplines including environment, geotechnical, hydrogeological, transportation planning and design, landscape and supervise project teams, including design engineers, design/drafters, surveyors, field supervisors and inspectors, and other members of the project teams as part of EXP’s full service delivery services.
- Develop Client Relationships with our clients; private, architectural, planning, municipal provincial and federal agencies.
- Obtain all necessary approvals and permits for projects, including those from municipalities, provincial (Ontario) and federal government agencies.
- Oversee with the senior design team to ensure design, tendering, contract administration, field inspections, and post-construction phases of project execution to meet project deadlines.
- Meetings and coordination with multiple stakeholders (e.g., clients, contractors, approving agencies, planners, other consultants, residents, etc.) as necessary to meet project objectives.
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
- Relevant degree or diploma in engineering
- P.Eng or R.E.T. or C.E.T. with relevant experience.
- 10-15 years minimum relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated success in business development; client management and project delivery, client satisfaction, and management of project teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Experience with AutoCAD including Civil 3D is an asset;
- Experience in preparing contract documents and specifications; as well as contract administration.