Job LocationNewark - Newark, CAEducation LevelGraduate DegreeJob ShiftDayDescription
Advanced Cell Diagnostics, Inc. (ACD) a Bio-Techne Company is a leader in the field of molecular pathology and tissue-based diagnostics. Our core RNAscope® technology is the world’s first multiplex fluorescent and chromogenic in situ hybridization platform capable of detecting and quantifying RNA biomarkers in situ at single molecule sensitivity. RNAscope® is an ideal platform for developing the next generation of tissue-based companion diagnostics. We are committed to continued innovation to bridge the gap between basic research and clinical medicine to fulfill the promise of personalized medicine.
Advanced Cell Diagnostics, a Bio-Techne Brand, has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Laboratory Services (PAS) & Customer Support, based in our Newark, CA office. As the Director you will provide leadership to the PAS Team, as well as, both internal and external Customer Support Teams.
Some of the duties this position will oversee and direct include: meeting P&L goals for the services lab, operational planning how to better serve our customers for existing and new business, direct the development and implementation strategies for new methods needed to expand the business, help grow the PAS technical staff within our chemistry laboratories, and develop business metrics necessary to effectively run the business.
- Manage PAS (CRO) Business- Projects, customer satisfaction, funnel & revenue
- Link to the commercial teams to build the project funnel and to help commercialize our services
- Support for creating citations out of projects of interest
- Link other Bio-Techne products & solutions to the outcome & workflow of the PAS projects
- Oversees, plans, coordinates, and directs the activities of the laboratory projects and technical support operations within the Pharma Assay Services & Customer Support division to ensure efficient, effective services
- Leads key initiatives to meet client expectations, measure and improve customer satisfaction
- Manage assay service projects to ensure timely delivery and completion of projects while meeting goals and objectives
- Establish programs to ensure new methods are incorporated to meet customer needs & Satisfaction
- Determine services to be offered with method, pricing, requirements, and turn-around-time
- Provide laboratory management guidance
- Manage Customer Support Team- Develop a tight relationship with customers
- Coordinate the efforts to create, produce and maintain customer support documents
- Collaborate with our Product and Sales teams to resolve complex technical issues, document product bugs and influence our product roadmap
- Act as a liaison between Customer Support and Sales on technical issues affecting our customers
- Create and drive best practice solutions and methodologies for Technical Support team efficiency, create and manage related documentation
- Develop Technical Support team’s capability to identify root causes and implement corrective actions to build long term customer loyalty
- Perform other duties as assigned
- For the business aspects of laboratory services, MBA preferred
- Master of Science/Ph.D. degree in Chemistry preferred in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or related field with at least 5- 7 years of relevant industry experience
- 5 years of management level experience required; laboratory experience with experimental design, cell and molecular techniques preferred
- Shown success growing and maintaining client and employee satisfaction
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Customer-facing and Technical Support experience in a scientific capacity
- Experience working in a CRO or service environment preferred
- Business knowledge as it relates statistical reports and metrics
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.