Description: This managing level employee is primarily responsible for overseeing the monitoring and management of all enterprise systems, managing support for all enterprise systems, and managing and facilitating the implementation of planned hardware and software changes.
- Directs the operation of multiple units and/or departments by identifying customer and operational needs; analyzing resources, costs, and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; gaining cross-functional support for business plans and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; and ensuring products and/or services meet customer requirements and expectations while aligning with organizational strategies.
- Demonstrates continuous learning and maintains a highly skilled and engaged workforce by aligning resource plans with business objectives; overseeing the recruitment, selection, and development of talent; motivating teams; preparing individuals for growth opportunities and advancement; staying current with industry trends, benchmarks, and best practices; providing guidance when difficult decisions need to be made; and ensuring performance management guidelines and expectations drive business objectives and results.
- Directs the management and monitoring of stability, availability, and performance of enterprise systems and systems in one or more additional IT domains (e.g., systems, applications, network, databases, storage, security).
- Directs team in providing all levels of support for all enterprise systems by overseeing the diagnosis, troubleshooting, and resolution of complex incidents to minimize system issues.
- Builds a network of partnerships with technical and project teams to resolve system problems and application-specific issues.
- Ensures adherence to and provides thought leadership for the modification of change management processes.
- Provides overall direction for the implementation of planned hardware and software changes into production environments.
- Oversees application-oriented administration and technical support for production and non- production environments
- Directs the coordination of timelines to ensure the delivery of appropriate, sustainable, and prompt solutions.
- Oversees the maintenance, modification, and documentation of complex and advanced applications.
- Oversees the development of guidelines to prevent and/or resolve recurring problems.
- Develops and improves programs to prioritize incident resolution.
- Oversees system configuration.
- Oversees the evaluation of new application packages and identification of anticipated systems requirements for planning purposes.
- Oversees communication with product users and suppliers to share information, identify opportunities, resolve problems, prioritize customer requirements, and maintain continuous improvement through customer feedback.
- Oversees the analysis of the impact of process or technical tool changes on existing processes, tools, and interfaces.
- Directs the installation, upgrade, or decommissioning of designated systems, products, and infrastructure.
- Directs complex performance tuning and optimization activities.
- Oversees user accounts, network or system rights, and access to systems and equipment, and updates policies, as necessary.
- Directs disaster recovery planning, testing, support, and activation activities.
- Directs the development of requirements, selection of vendors, and installation of systems.
- Minimum four (4) years supervisory experience.
- Minimum two (2) years managing operating budgets and/or project financials.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Social Science, Education, Business, Health Care or related field and Minimum eight (8) years working in IT or operations. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above)
- Two (2) years experience overseeing vendor relationships.
- Two (2) years experience in organizational change management.
- Four (4) years experience in the administration and custom configuration of large off-the-shelf applications or software packages.
Job Number: 628433