Expedia Group (EG) is currently seeking a Director, Knowledge Management to join the Operational Excellence team within the Lodging Partner Services (LPS) division. In this role, you will be accountable for driving the end-to-end strategy for Knowledge Management across the organization, supporting both internal associates as well as external hotel partners. Key priorities include building a more personalized help experience for both internal users and external partners as well as driving creative solutions across all KM touchpoints that use machine learning and AI. By helping users find the right information at the right time, you will play a direct role in supporting the key organizational metrics for building a better E2E partner experience at EG.
What You Will Do:
- Be responsible for the strategic vision for Knowledge Management across the B2B Lodging Partner Services (LPS) organization at Expedia Group
- Improve Engagement by continually improving our UX and search
- Partner with stakeholders across the LPS organization to identify knowledge solutions in support of key business initiatives
- Manage communication between Process Solutions, Product Management, Business Development and KM to ensure policy and process changes are delivered on-time in a clear, concise manner
- Partner with engineering teams to design, deliver and maintain scalable, sustainable and effective technical solutions, including inline/contextual support content
- Support organizational efficiency goals by finding opportunities to surface knowledge across key customer touchpoints
- Provide ongoing qualitative and quantitative measurements of content scope, effectiveness, and usage, especially as it relates to organizational metrics
- Optimize the E2E content production workflow
- Handle the localization of knowledge content across 30+ languages via multiple distribution points
- Drive efficiencies in content reuse, such as across Knowledge Base and Help Centre, via a centralized Content Management System (CMS)
- Lead a global team of content managers, technical writers, program managers and KM specialists, including BI and graphic design
- Evolve the Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) program within LPS to improve content freshness, accuracy, and engagement
- Ensure content style, tone of voice, and format meet the expectations of a diverse set of users
- Enact regular audits of content library to ensure adherence to content management principles and business rules
- Evolve types of content e.g.: infographics, process diagrams, illustrations, etc. to support the engagement
- Drive innovative solutions, such as the integration of knowledge with AI, to improve the user experience and increase engagement
Who You Are:
- 7-10 years' experience in Knowledge Management in a professional technology organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to creatively design for and solve challenging business/technology problems
- Ability to create and drive product roadmaps, prioritization, trade-offs and constraints
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to synthesize complex processes into simple and engaging language
- Demonstrated skills and success in process improvement design and workflow analysis
- Proficiency in data analysis and data-based decision-making
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field
- Master's degree in Information Management (IM), Library and Information Science (LIS), or a related field
- Experience working with an enterprise content management system (CMS), preferably Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Background in information architecture (IA), user experience (UX), and user research
- Experience working in a global organization
- Experience working in a travel organization
- Experience in the customer service industry or in a role with a very strong customer focus
Why Join Us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.